FEATURED EVENTS IN VANCOUVER
Why, Wednesday, why? All we wanted was to get through the week quietly, and you turn up with your hump.But never fear, the Hive is here to help you through.
So here are five things to do in Vancouver this Wednesday, from the best of craft beer to a touch of flamenco.
For more things happening around town, check out our events section.
- What: This crafty tasting night features craft beers, cider, mead and spirits from all over BC, including Four Winds, Odd Society, and Left Field along with tasty samplings from Commercial Drive food purveyors. And you select the winners!
- Where: The Wise Hall & Lounge – 1882 Adanac Street, Vancouver
- When: Wednesday, August 17, from 7 to 9 pm
- Tickets: At all Liberty Wine Merchants, $24.99 plus a non-perishable food donation in support of the Greater Vancouver Food Bank
- What: This moving documentary, being shown as part of the Queer Film Festival, tells the story of the seven men—all Black, Latino, Asian, and most of them gay—chosen to be Madonna’s back-up dancers for her 1990 Blonde Ambition tour. Followed by a Q&A with two of the men, Jose Gutierez Xtravaganza and Kevin Stea.
- Where: Vancouver Playhouse – 600 Hamilton Street, Vancouver
- When: Wednesday, August 17, 6:30pm
- Tickets: Sold out online, but rush tickets are available on the door, so join the hope line
- What: A pop-up art installation like you’ve never seen before. Take photos and Instagram this massive art piece made out of 3,000 pounds of used clothing and learn how you can give a sh!rt about the environment by thrifting.
- Where: Vancouver Aquarium – 845 Avison Way, Vancouver
- When: Wednesday, August 17, from 5 to 6:30 pm
- Register: On Eventbrite, totally free
- What: A two-hour intro to canning, including how to make quick blackberry jam and dill pickles, and process them to become shelf stable for months. Recipes will be provided, plus ice tea, garlic and herbs toasts, and a small jar of canned goodies.
- Where: The Uncommon Cafe – 477 Powell Street, Vancouver
- When: Wednesday, August 17, from 6 to 8 pm
- Register: On Eventbrite, $50
- What: Grab some tapas and enjoy some fiery flamenco, as Vancouver flamenco band Toque Flamenco take to the stage and bring you a little taste of Spain and a whole heap of passion.
- Where: Kino Tapas Bar – 3456 Cambie Street, Vancouver
- When: Every Wednesday at 9 pm