FEATURED EVENTS IN VANCOUVER
A Future for Memory: Art and Life After the Great East Japan Earthquake, February 11 to September 5, 2021
The long weekend is over – but it’s a four-day week now and Tuesday tastes good! You can make it through, we promise.
So here are five things to do in Vancouver this Tuesday, from Italian wines to Canadian soccer.
For more things happening around town, check out our events section.
- What: Taste six exceptional Italian wines, learning the nuances of the grapes and regions of Italy. The tasting will be led by a Quini Certified Educator and participants use the Quini app to record their impressions of the wine.
- Where: Everything Wine – 998 Marine Dr, North Vancouver
- When: Tuesday, September 6, from 6:30 to 8:30 pm
- Tickets: From Eventbrite, $15, which is given back to you in store credit – yes this wine tasting is kind of free!
- What: Using comedic sketches, improv, and character pieces, this one-man show from the mind of Mark Kendall from Atlanta examines the representation of black males in the media and how these images influence our views on race in everyday life.
- Where: Fortune Sound Club – 147 East Pender Street, Vancouver
- When: Tuesday, September 6, from 8:30 to 11:30 pm
- Tickets: From Eventbrite, $10
- What: Don’t just stand there, let’s get to it. Strike a pose, there’s nothing to it… This daring chronicle of Madonna and her backstage antics on 1990’s Blond Ambition tour was as groundbreaking and controversial as the superstar herself.
- Where: The Rio Theatre – 1660 East Broadway, Vancouver
- When: Tuesday, September 6, doors 8:15 pm, movie 8:45 pm
- Tickets: From the Rio, $12 on the door, $10 in advance
- What: This year’s Fringe begins with a performance of Butt Kapinski: Dick On The Fringe, the story of a private eye who sets out to solve the great Fringe murder mystery. Help, Butt get to the bottom of this seedy world of sin and shadows!
- Where: Performance Works – 1218 Cartwright Street, Vancouver
- When: Tuesday, September 6, at 7 pm; festival continues through September 18
- Tickets: From Vancouver Fringe Festival, $50
- What: See Canada’s Men’s National Soccer Team take on El Salvador, as they continue their qualification journey to the 2018 FIFA World Cup in Russia.
- Where: BC Place – 777 Pacific Blvd, Vancouver
- When: Tuesday, September 6, at 7 pm
- Tickets: From Ticketmaster, $25-$90