The week isn’t even half over, but it doesn’t need to be Friday to do something fun around town. Here are five things to do in Vancouver today, Tuesday, September 29.
For more things to do in the city, check out our events calendar.
- What: Join the National Crowdfunding Association of Canada, sponsors and presenting partners on Tuesday, September 29 in downtown Vancouver for an immersive and interactive half-day event including TEDx style storytelling, start-up pitches, panel/fireside discussions and mentoring followed by a networking reception.
- Where: Library Square (Alice MacKay room) – 350 West Georgia Street, Vancouver
- When: Tuesday, September 29; 1 to 7 p.m.
- What: Adobe Photoshop can be a bit intimidating for a beginner, but it doesn’t have to be. In this workshop, Laura Eagin will show how easy it can be to touch up your photos, integrate text, make a photo collage, add cool effects, and optimize your images for online use. You’ll learn tricks and techniques for creating background images from scratch that can be used on your Facebook and Twitter home pages.
- Where: Vancouver HiVE – 210-128 West Hastings Street, Vancouver
- When: Tuesday, September 29; 6 to 9 p.m.
- What: Acclaimed Danish alt-rockers Mew today announce their first North American headline tour since Summer, 2009, and they’re in Vancouver tonight, September 29.
- Where: Venue Nightclub – 881 Granville Street, Vancouver
- When: Tuesday, September 29; 7 to 10 p.m.
- What: Join us at MARTINI MADNESS, WIFTV’s annual Fundraising and Networking Party.Celebrate the silent movie era’s creative women as well as VIFF’s women filmmakers. Dress up in classic black and white attire with a 1920s flair (optional) – There will be prizes for best costume.
- Where: The Butcher & Bullock – 911 West Pender Street, Vancouver
- When: Tuesday, September 29; 7 to 11:30 p.m.
- What: Las Vegas native, Shamir, released his first EP, Northtown, in 2014. His debut LP, Ratchet, was released in May, to high acclaim from fans and critics. The first single from Ratchet, “On the Regular” went on to be used in a 2015 Android Wear commercial featuring dancers Dytto & Strobe. He’s coming to Fortune Sound Club tonight, September 29.
- Where: Fortune Sound Club – 147 East Pender Street, Vancouver
- When: Tuesday, September 29; 8 to 10:30 p.m.