It’s Tuesday! Let’s try to look past the impending hump and keep our eye on the prize. We will make it to the weekend, we promise.
So here are five things to do in Vancouver this Tuesday, from dream pop with Saint Motel to imaginative writing with junk mail.
For more things happening around town, check out our events section.
- What: Los Angeles-bred indie/pop band Saint Motel, whose music has been described as everything from “dream pop” to “indie prog,” will be sharing new songs from their upcoming saintmotelevision album.
- Where: Commodore Ballroom – 868 Granville Street, Vancouver
- When: Tuesday, September 20, doors at 7 pm, show at 8 pm
- Tickets: On Ticketmaster, $27
- What: Looking for ideas for your next adventure? This night of talks from female leaders in the outdoors and travel industry, celebrating women travellers and adventurers, promises to inspire you to get outside.
- Where: Kabuni – 1378 West Pender Street, Vancouver
- When: Tuesday, September 20, from 6 to 8:30 pm
- Tickets: Available online, normal admission $10, first 100 tickets $5 each
- What: For one week only, Vancouver’s literary magazines are taking over Little Mountain Shop, and Tuesday is the turn of Poetry Is Dead. Hosted by Sheryda Warrener and Shazia Hafiz, this will be a night of readings, and of course, poetry.
- Where: Little Mountain Shop – 4386 Main Street, Vancouver
- When: Tuesday, September 20, doors 7:30, readings at 8 pm
- Tickets: On Eventbrite, $5, includes copy of magazine
- What: Like drinking while sciencing? Do we have a treat for you. For one night only, vancouver’s own Nerd Nite, Anecdotal Evidence, Curiosity Collider and Cafe Scientifique are teaming up for the ultimate bar science night!
- Where: Fox Cabaret – 2321 Main Street, Vancouver
- When: Tuesday, September 20, from 7 to 10 pm
- Tickets: On Eventbrite, $10-$20
- What: Transform useless junk mail into a literary work of art. Love letter, poem, ransom note – whatever’s on your mind – this workshop is part treasure hunt, part exercise in constraint and part fun-with-scissors-and-glue-stick. All materials supplied, but feel free to bring scissors, junk mail and magazines.
- Where: Kitsilano Neighbourhood House – 2305 West 7th Avenue, Vancouver
- When: Tuesday, September 20, from 6:30 to 8:30 pm
- Register: On Eventbrite, totally free