It’s Tuesday! One day deeper into fall and one step closer to the weekend. We’ll get there, we promise.
In the meantime, here are five things to do in Vancouver this Tuesday, from the Gastown Cabaret to a Puzzled Pint.
For more things happening around town, check out our events section.
- What: Just because summer vacation has come to an end, doesn’t mean the fun has to! At this week’s Gastown Cabaret, you can enjoy bellydancing, contortion, and burlesque, not to mention a donut eating contest, and a fun photo booth.
- When: Tuesday, September 13, doors 8 pm, show at 9:30 pm
- Where: Guilt & Company – 1 Alexander St, Vancouver
- Tickets: On the door, by $10 donation to the artists
- What: Eight of the city’s top restaurant chefs will be arriving in Yaletown by food truck to dish out a variety of different menu items. From 6 to 9 pm on September 13, ticket holders will be able to hop from truck to truck as they taste fresh local favourites and enjoy the best craft beer and wine in the province.
- When: Tuesday, September 13, from 6 to 9 pm
- Where: Yaletown (at the intersection of Hamilton and Nelson)
- Tickets: On Eventbrite, $69
- What: Presented as part of Vancouver Fringe Festival, this epic movie mashup lampoons every Best Picture Oscar winner in 60 minutes, wth just three people playing a cast of thousands.
- Where: Performance Works – 1218 Cartwright St, Vancouver
- When: Tuesday, September 13, from 9:15 to 10:15 pm; more performances through Saturday, September 17
- Tickets: From Vancouver Fringe Festival, $11
- What: An intimate, interactive musical showcase that brings together some of Canada’s most inspiring songwriters to share their songs and stories, including Shari Ulrich, Helen Austin, Stephen Fearing, and Shaun Verreault (Wide Mouth Mason).
- Where: The Roundhouse – 181 Roundhouse Mews, Vancouver
- When: Tuesday, September 13, at 7:30 pm
- Tickets: From Brown Paper Tickets, $18
- What: Love solving puzzles? With friends? While eating and drinking? Then Puzzled Pint is for you. All you have to do is solve a puzzle to figure out where it’s being held… then when you get there, do more puzzles!
- Where: It’s a mystery – to figure it out, solve the online puzzles
- When: Tuesday, September 13, exact time revealed with location
- More clues:puzzledpint.com