FEATURED EVENTS IN VANCOUVER
Tuesday is here and it’s a four-day week! We hope you’re well rested after the long weekend, although you’re probably still digesting turkey right?
Anyways, here are five things to do in Vancouver this Tuesday, from a raunchy pizza party to a poetic piece of filmmaking.
For more things happening around town, check out our events section.
- What: Gastown Cabaret is celebrating its 2nd anniversary with a huge pizza party, featuring pizza-inspired acts by Eli ‘Tigerman’ Williams, Yuki The Funkyukalator, and the East Van Valkyries, plus of course, free pizza!
- Where: Gastown Cabaret – 1 Alexander Street, Vancouver
- When: Tuesday, October 11, doors at 8 pm, show at 9 pm
- Register: On the door, by suggested minimum donation $10
- What: This class for women only is rooted in vinyasa-based yoga. Fitness elements are incorporated into the yoga sequence in creative and challenging ways. If you’re craving a little more fire, YogaFit will get your heart racing and help build strength.
- Where: Public Myth Kitsilano – 2005 West 4th Avenue, Vancouver
- When: Tuesday, October 11, from 6:15 to 7:15 pm
- Register: On Eventbrite, totally free
- What: Learn about the intersection of gender, sex work and housing. As part of Homelessness Action Week, current and former sex workers will speak to the struggles in securing housing, while UBC researchers outline the housing crisis.
- Where: Vancouver Public Library Central Branch, Level 7, Special Collections – 350 W Georgia St, Vancouver
- When: Tuesday, October 11, from 7 to 9 pm
- Tickets: Available online or at box office, by phone at 604-251-1363, $25
- What: Local entrepreneurs, activists, and professionals, who are making real positive change, share their experiences. Call it social enterprise, changemaking, or just kicking back with a beer and a room full of curious, smart, heart-centred doers.
- Where: Groundswell Cafe & Learning Space – 566 Powell Street, Vancouver
- When: Tuesday, October 11, from 5 to 8 pm
- Tickets: On Eventbrite, $10
- What: Part of the Vancouver International Film Festival, this is the Canadian premiere of Crosscurrent, a poetic, enigmatic and achingly beautiful Chinese film about a connection between a man and a woman from a different time and space.
- Where: Vancity Theatre – 1181 Seymour St, Vancouver
- When: Tuesday, October 11, at 1:30 pm
- Tickets: On VIFF, $10