Well, we knew this Tuesday would come – finally, it’s US Election Day. But there’s plenty of other things to do in Vancouver today, if politics isn’t your thing.
So, here are five things to do in Vancouver this Tuesday, from (yes) the US Election to some much needed absurd comedy.
For more things happening around town, check out our events section.
- What: Finally, the US election campaign will come to an end on November 8, as US voters head to the polls. Now, you could stay home curled up on the floor, as you listen to the news and rock yourself back and forth whimpering. Or, you could drown your sorrows at the Rio, with their big screen tuned to CNN. For free. Your call.
- Where: The Rio Theatre – 1660 East Broadway, Vancouver
- When: Tuesday, November 8, from 9 to 11:30 pm
- Admission: Totally free, on the door
- What: This aerobic style workout uses the principles of classical ballet to tone your entire body in a fun and unique variation to the traditional ballet class. This is not your typical ‘barre workout’ or adult ballet class; no previous experience necessary.
- Where: Public Myth Kitsilano – 2005 W 4th Ave, Vancouver
- When: Tuesday, November 8, from 6:15 to 7:15 pm
- Register: On Eventbrite, totally free
- What: Vancouver, you know you’d better watch out – because multi Grammy Award-winning Ms. Lauryn Hill is as unpredictable as she is talented, so there’s no telling what she’ll have in store for her Vancity fans.
- Where: Queen Elizabeth Theatre – 600 block Hamilton Street, Vancouver
- When: Tuesday, November 8, at 8 pm
- Tickets: On Ticketmaster from $57 to $127. All ages.
- What: Foxtrot Vineyards is bringing its wine from Okanagan Valleys’ Naramata Bench to YEW for a night of inspired dining served up by Chef Weimar Gomez. This will be an intimate evening with six Foxtrot wines paired with dishes for a four-course dinner you’ll never forget.
- Where: YEW seafood + bar – 791 West Georgia Street, Vancouver
- When: Tuesday, November 8, from 6 to 9 pm
- Tickets: $150, via Eventbrite.
- What: An hour of improvised sketches from the hottest improv comedians in Vancouver. From the brilliant and sharp to the absurd and messy, the rule is simple – never been seen before.
- Where: XYYVR – 1216 Bute Street, Vancouver
- When: Tuesday, November 8, from 7:30 to 9 pm
- Tickets: $5 on the door