It’s Tuesday! Here’s hoping you’re keeping warm and escaping the rain, whatever you’re doing. And if you need ideas, we’ve got your back.
So here are five things to do in Vancouver this Tuesday, from some hilarious Basic Training to some adorable puppy therapy.
For more things happening around town, check out our events section.
- What: The incredible, award winning true story of Kahlil Ashanti’s hilarious experience as a member of a military entertainment troupe Tops In Blue and his survival and forgiveness in the face of domestic violence and hatred.
- Where: Havana Theatre – 1212 Commercial Drive, Vancouver
- When: Tuesday, November 29 and Saturday, December 3, at 8 pm
- Tickets: On Theatrewire, $27
- What: Indulge your creativity and learn the basic skills of brush calligraphy at this workshop for beginners, including letters for Christmas messages. Ticket includes a basic brush pen set, lettering workbook, and sample card designs.
- Where: Cartems Donuterie – 2190 Main St, Vancouver
- When: Tuesday, November 29, from 7 to 9 pm
- Admission: On Eventbrite, $59; all proceeds go to the SA Foundation, which runs a long-term recovery program for sexually exploited women in Vancouver.
- What: This beginners class will teach you everything you need to sculpt with wool, from safe technique to putting the finishing touches on your project. Participants will make a cute little owl to take home for Christmas; all materials are provided.
- Where: Homestead Junction – 649 E Hastings St, Vancouver
- When: Tuesday, November 29, from 6:30 to 8:30 pm
- Tickets: Online, $35
- What: Local company Chimp is giving away $100,000 as part of its Give On campaign, aiming to encourage the Vancouver community to give back and support causes that matter to them. The launch will feature food, beer and guest speakers.
- Where: Big Rock Brewery – 310 W 4th Ave, Vancouver
- When: Tuesday, November 29, from 5:30 to 8 pm
- Register: On Eventbrite, totally free
- What: If you’re an SFU student gearing up for those dreaded final exams, there is some good news – now you can de-stress with cute, adorable, fluffy, puppies. The puppies will be visiting campus for a student therapy session this Tuesday.
- Where: SFU Harbour Harbour Centre Teck Gallery Lounge – 515 West Hastings Street, Vancouver
- When: Tuesday, November 29, from noon to 2 pm
- Admission: Free!