FEATURED EVENTS IN YOUR CITY
COMEDY, ARTS & THEATRE
Thu, October 1, 9:15pm
Starts at $15.00
Sun, October 4, 7:00am
Starts at $45.00
Thu, October 1, 12:00am
Fri, October 9, 12:00pm
Timebomb Trading Inc
Already in need of a break from the work week? Check out our list of seven things to do today in Vancouver, from hot cars to hard science.
For more things happening around town, check out our events section.
- What: The Vancouver International Auto Show is Western Canada’s best attended consumer show, and one of Western North America’s premier automotive exhibition events. Featuring daily drive ups and displays in Exotic Avenue, Hot Wheels display with a mystery car, Monster Energy DUB Show, and the Ford GT, among other displays.
- Where: Vancouver Convention Centre – 1055 Canada Place, Vancouver
- When: March 28 to April 2
- Cost: Online, $5-$18
- What: In his first address to the Greater Vancouver Board of Trade, Professor Ono will share insights and impressions of BC and UBC, concentrating especially on the innovation agenda that Premier Christy Clark has asked him to lead. It’s the story of a university, a city and a province poised for another jump in international recognition and acclaim – a move from excellence to eminence.
- Where: Four Seasons Hotel Vancouver, 791 West Georgia Street, Vancouver
- When: March 28 from 11:30 am to 2 pm
- Register: Online, $79-$158
- What: Canucks face off with the Anaheim Ducks at home.
- Where: Rogers Arena – 800 Griffiths Way, Vancouver
- When: March 28 at 7 pm
- Tickets: Online
- What: Join North Shore Personal Trainer Jenny Tecklenburg for a free workshop while she teaches you the basics of what to do in the gym. A workshop that will walk you through how to design your own individualized workout plan for a stronger, happier and more confident you.
- Where: Buddha-Full – 101-106 West First Street, North Vancouver
- When: March 28 from 6:30 to 7:30 pm
- Cost: Free
- What: Dozens of poets and musicians gather to raise money for Boden Lalonde, a loving son, nephew and friend who is in palliative home care. Artists include Beverley Elliott, Chelsea D.E. Johnson, Something About Reptiles, Mackenzie and many more performers.
- Where: Rio Theatre – 1660 East Broadway, Vancouver
- When: March 28 at 7 pm
- Tickets: Online, $20
- What: An enhanced visit to the BC Sports Hall of Fame, including an exclusive behind the scenes tour of BC Place. The All Access Experience hits all the stadium highlights, including the media lounge, the premium suite areas, the team locker rooms (when available) and access onto the field providing visitors with an amazing viewpoint of BC Place (when available).
- Where: Abbotsford Arts Centre- 2329 Crescent Way, Abbotsford
- When: March 28 and 29 at 11 am, 1 pm and 3 pm
- Tickets: $20, call 604-687-5520 to reserve
- What: Join Dr. Daniel Pauly, internationally-acclaimed fisheries scientist and principal investigator of the Sea Around Us, in a discussion that will bring to light the perilous state of the world’s oceans today.
- Where: Science World – 1455 Quebec Street, Vancouver
- When: March 28 at 6:30 pm
- Tickets: Online, Free