FEATURED EVENTS IN VANCOUVER
It’s Tuesday and you’ve made it this far! Pinch yourself to make sure you’re awake, give yourself a slap on the back, and let’s head bravely towards the weekend together.
So here are five things to do in Vancouver this Tuesday, from free lunchtime yoga to a drunk spelling bee.
For more things happening around town, check out our events section.
- What: Grab your mat and take a break at this free drop-in Hatha Yoga class for all levels. Release all that stress and tension through proper breath work and meditation. You will leave the class feeling revitalized, balanced and relaxed from head to toe.
- Where: Vancouver Playhouse Theatre, Upper Lobby – 600 Hamilton Street, Vancouver
- When: Every Tuesday at noon, between the following dates:
- Tuesday, January 31 to Tuesday February 28
- Tuesday, March 21 to Tuesday, April 11
- Admission: Totally free, for more info email [email protected]
- What: Take this unusual walking tour through Downtown Vancouver to hear the sordid history of the city’s nightlife with many ghost stories along the way. Stops include the Hotel Vancouver, and the Infamous Penthouse Nightclub!
- Where: Meet outside Christ Church Cathedral – 690 Burrard Street, Vancouver
- When: Every Tuesday and Friday night, at 7:30 pm
- Tickets: On Eventbrite, $20
- What: This week the Impromptu drop-in rock choir is singing Freedom! ’90 by George Michael and Riptide by Vance Joy. You don’t need to audition, read music, memorize song words, or sing solo – the choir is all about just having fun singing.
- Where: The Wise Hall – 1882 Adanac St, Vancouver
- When: Tuesday, January 31, doors at 7 pm, singing from 7:30 to 9 pm
- Tickets: On the door, $10
- What: The Fictionals Comedy Co. present award-winning improv comedy all through the week. On Tuesdays, it’s Eureka! The Experimental Improv Show, where you can witness the creation of brand new improv games and a new long-form extravaganza.
- Where: Cafe Deux Soleils – 2096 Commercial Drive, Vancouver
- When: Every Tuesday, doors at 7:30 pm, show starts at 8 pm
- Tickets: On the door, $7 for adults, $5 for students
- What: Do you always correct everyone’s spelling? Do you like beer and Japanese food? Then bring a team to compete for beer, shots, and kushi skewers. Be ready to drink when you’re wrong, when others are right, and when the host says so!
- Where: Q Shi Q Japanese BBQ – 159 West 4th Avenue, Vancouver
- When: Every Tuesday, from 7 to 9 pm
- Reservations: Contact Kayte Wilson at [email protected] or call 604-428-7744