It’s Tuesday! And although it’s probably raining, we’re still in a good mood. The weekend is getting ever closer, and there’s a ton to do in the city today.
So here are five things to do in Vancouver this Tuesday, from a tequila tasting night to a new music festival.
For more things happening around town, check out our events section.
- What: Patron, along with a surprise local Mexican dining mastermind, will be hosting an evening of cocktails and three-course pairings at Legacy Liquor.
- Where: Legacy Liquor – 1633 Manitoba St, Vancouver
- When: Tuesday, January 24, 7 pm
- Tickets: Online, $35
- What: This fast-paced and acid-tongued new work is about the power dynamics at a high-powered sales firm, where a trio of conspiring coworkers scheme to trip each other up and avoid the chopping block.
- Where: Studio 1398 — 1398 Cartwright Street, Vancouver
- When: From Tuesday, January 24 to Saturday, January 28 at 8 pm, plus a Sunday matinee on January 29 at 2 pm
- Tickets: At Made It Productions, $15-$21
- What: This documentary examines the state of our energy system and features concerned citizens living at the frontiers of extreme oil and gas extraction. The screening will be followed by a Q&A with the film’s director David Lavallee.
- Where: Rio Theatre – 1660 East Broadway, Vancouver
- When: Tuesday, January 24, doors at 6:30 pm, film at 7 pm
- Tickets: Online, $10
- What: Have an amazing idea for a new business, but need a partner to help get it off the ground? Go along to this networking night and get tips on starting up smart, cofounder etiquette, and pitching your idea from Keith Ippel, Spring CEO/Cofounder.
- Where: CodeCore – 142 W Hastings St, Vancouver
- When: Tuesday, January 24, from 5:30 to 8:30 pm
- Register: On Eventbrite, totally free
- What: The VSO New Music Festival is a celebration of music that is new, vibrant, vital, and on the cutting edge, with daily concerts exploring new creations, contemporary composers, including the Hard Rubber Orchestra, and Standing Wave.
- Orpheum Theatre – 601 Smithe St, Vancouver
- Christ Church Cathedral – 690 Burrard St, Vancouver
- When: From Tuesday, January 24 to Sunday, January 29, times vary
- Tickets: From the VSO, $22.50-$30