5 things to do in Vancouver today: Tuesday, January 19
Dec 20 2017, 3:41 am
Here are five things to do in Vancouver today, Tuesday, January 19. For more things happening around town, check out our events calendar.
PuSh International Performing Arts Festival 2016
- What: The PuSh International Performing Arts Festival is Vancouver’s mid-winter festival featuring acclaimed local, national and international artists. The PuSh Festival presents groundbreaking work in the live performing arts: theatre, dance, music, and various forms of multimedia and hybrid performance. Details at pushfestival.ca.
- Where: Various locations
- When: Tuesday, January 19; all day.
Musical Mornings in the Gallery
- What: Start the day off right with salon-style classical music concerts in the gallery.Our morning begins with coffee, tea, treats and mingling with friends and neighbours, followed by a tour of the current exhibition in the Gordon Smith Gallery, hosted by the exhibition’s curator. After the tour, audiences take a seat and enjoy the serene sounds of classical music ringing through the gallery awakening a new understanding of the visual art on the walls.
- Where: Gordon Smith Gallery of Canadian Art – 2121 Lonsdale Avenue, North Vancouver
- When: Tuesday, January 19; 9:30 to 11:30 a.m.
Nerd Nite Vancouver v16
- What: Nerdy bar lecture series! This month:#1: The Examination of Bill Murray’s Meatball and the Evolution of Nerds: SummerCamp 101 by Jeff Willis, #2: Ever Wonder about Science Blogging? by Dr. Raymond Nakamura and #3: The Seas Have Eyes by Dr. Greg Gavelis.
- Where: Fox Cabaret – 2321 Main Street, Vancouver
- When: Tuesday, January 19; 7 to 9:30 p.m.
The Fictionals presents R/Improv & Ask Me Anything!
- What: Comedy inspired by the wide, weird world of Reddit. Join The Fictionals and friends for a night of improv at Cafe Deux Soleils featuring questions only you and the internet can answer!
- Where: Cafe Deux Soleil – 2096 Commercial Drive, Vancouver
- When: Tuesday, January 19; 8 to 9:30 p.m.
Kings Head Comedy
- What: Every Tuesday, catch Kings Head Comedy: a stand-up comedy showcase hosted by Colin Sharp and James Kennedy and featured as part of the Just For Laughs Northwest Comedy Festival. Consistently packed with some of the best comedy fans in the city, audiences are rewarded with a stellar lineup of comics and $3.50 beers.
- Where: The Kings Head Pub – 1618 Yew Street, Vancouver
- When: Tuesday, January 19; 9 to 10:30 p.m.