It’s Tuesday! And while it may be a bit warmer, rain is on the horizon. Never fear, there are plenty of ways to shelter from the downpour today.
Here are five things to do in Vancouver this Tuesday, from Teen Angst Night to David Bowie Impromptu Rock Choir.
For more things happening around town, check out our events section.
- What: Somewhere in the back of your closet gathering dust and turning yellow with age is comedic gold…Listen to some of the most memorable readers – and a handful of newbies – reap that gold from the old journals, poems, and essays they wrote as teens.
- Where: Cottage Bistro – 4470 Main Street, Vancouver,
- When: Tuesday, January 17, from 8 to 10 pm
- Tickets: $10 at the door (cash only)
- What: The Vancouver Canucks take on the Nashville Predators again this Tuesday, after last week’s defeat in overtime. They could turn it all around with your support – and look out for the new supporters’ section making their second ever appearance!
- Where: Rogers Arena – 800 Griffiths Way, Vancouver
- When: Tuesday, January 17, at 7 pm
- Tickets: On Ticketmaster, $29.75-$197.75
- What: The Fictionals present an evening of Reddit-inspired comedy at Cafe Deux Soleils, plus an audience-powered Storytime where imagination rules all.
- Where: Cafe Deux Soleils – 2096 Commercial Drive, Vancouver
- When: Tuesday, January 17 at 8 pm
- Tickets: On the door, $7 for adults or $5 for students
- What: Emil Ben Shimon’s comedic debut feature, The Women’s Balcony, tells of an accident during a bar mitzvah, which leads to a gendered rift in a devout Jerusalem community. A good-hearted story about women speaking truth to patriarchal power.
- Where: The Norman Rothstein Theatre – 950 W 41st Avenue, Vancouver
- When: Tuesday, January 17 at 7 pm
- Tickets: Online, $13 for the ticket + $2 membership fee
- What: This week the Impromptu drop-in rock choir is singing Rebel Rebel by David Bowie and Happy Together by The Turtles. You don’t need to audition, read music, memorize song words, or sing solo – the choir is all about just having fun singing.
- Where: The Wise Hall – 1882 Adanac St, Vancouver
- When: Tuesday, January 17, doors at 7 pm, singing from 7:30 to 9 pm
- Tickets: On the door, $10