It’s Tuesday! Here’s hoping the weather lays off a little, and gives you a chance to hit the town tonight. And if you need ideas, we’ve got your back.
So here are five things to do in Vancouver this Tuesday, from an alternative Christmas market to a seven-course seasonal dinner.
For more things happening around town, check out our events section.
- What: If you are already panicking over what to buy everyone for Christmas, this alternative holiday market is for you, offering seasonal items from local makers, including prints, zines, pins, and things made of wood. Plus drinks and music!
- Where: The American – 926 Main Street, Vancouver
- When: Tuesday, December 6, from 8 pm to 1 am
- Register: On Facebook, free
- What: Let’s get real: we’ve all fucked up at some point. F**kup Nights is a casual speaker series aiming to build collective wisdom. This week’s entrepreneurs, creatives and thought leaders will share what they’ve learned from a business or project failure.
- Where: Guilt & Co. – 1 Alexander Street, Vancouver
- When: Tuesday, December 6, from 6 to 8:30 pm
- Tickets: On Eventbrite, $10
- What: Fresh from a tour of Australia, where they surprised fans by recording a live album at a gig in Brisbane, the Dandy Warhols are set to tear the roof off here. Expect songs spanning their two decade-long career, but no encore as per band tradition.
- Where: Commodore Ballroom – 868 Granville Street, Vancouver
- When: Tuesday, December 6 at 7 pm
- Tickets: On Ticketmaster, $32.50
- What: A Christmas Carol in Gay Apparel is an original comedy that parodies the story of Ebenezer Scrooge in Charles Dickens’ classic, A Christmas Carol.
- Where: The Cultch Lab – 1895 Venables Street, Vancouver
- When: December 6 to December 11, Monday to Saturday at 8 pm, Sunday at 2 pm
- Tickets: $23 online
- What: A seven-course dinner with canapes, bread service and petit fours, focusing on the early winter offerings from BC. Postmark Brewing pairings will be available to buy.
- Where: The Birds & The Beets – 55 Powell Street, Vancouver
- When: Tuesday, December 6, from 7:30 to 11:30 pm
- Tickets: On Eventbrite, $95-$140