FEATURED EVENTS IN VANCOUVER
A Future for Memory: Art and Life After the Great East Japan Earthquake, February 11 to September 5, 2021
Tuesday’s here and the sun is back! On the other hand, we’re one step closer to the hump… Never, fear, we’ll face it together and get you through.
So here are five things to do in Vancouver this Tuesday, from tasting spices made of crickets (really!) to sipping on some delicious Belgian beer.
For more things happening around town, check out our events section.
- What: Referred to as “the gateway bug” – due to their mild flavour and versatility – crickets certainly have the ick factor. In this presentation, Australian foodie Carmen Ostrander will give you a taste and bring you a step closer to a radical new food group.
- Where: Homestead Junction – 649 E Hastings St, Vancouver
- When: Tuesday, August 23, from 6:30 to 7:45 pm
- Tickets: Online, $15
- What: Every bit as uproarious as he is bizarre, boundary-pushing funnyman Eric Andre will have you laughing all night with his anything-goes stand-up comedy.
- Where: Commodore Ballroom – 868 Granville Street, Vancouver
- When: Tuesday, August 23, doors 8 pm, show at 9 pm
- Tickets: On Ticketmaster, $25
- What: The Rio’s summer series of classics continues with this career-high performance from one of our all-time, hands-down, always-and-forever movie favourites – Paul Newman – as the petty criminal who doesn’t play by the rules.
- Where: Rio Theatre – 1660 E Broadway, Vancouver
- When: Tuesday, August 23, doors 6 pm, movie at 6:30 pm
- Tickets: Available from the Rio, $10 in advance or $12 at the door
- What: You may think The Fair is overpriced and far too small for a metro region of 2.5 million, but it’s hard to say no when admission is free. Expect long lineups if the weather cooperates. Don’t say we didn’t warn you.
- Where: The Fair at the PNE – 2901 East Hastings Street, Vancouver
- When: Tuesday, 23 August and Tuesday, 30 August, from 11 am to 1 pm
- What: Come along to this brewery night, and you’ll get five beers paired with a four-course dinner and the chance to win an all inclusive VIP trip for two to visit world-renowned Belgium breweries valued at $15,000.
- Where: CRAFT Beer Market Restaurant – 85 West 1st Avenue, Vancouver
- When: Tuesday, 23 August, from 6 to 9 pm
- Tickets: On Eventbrite, priced $60, includes beers, dinner, taxes and gratuity.