A Tuesday that feels like a Monday… means a four-day week! Whoop! Let’s get that short week off to a big start.
Here are five things to do in Vancouver this Tuesday, from a ticklish thriller to a rhinestone revue.
For more things happening around town, check out our events section.
- What: This jaw-dropping documentary film follows a journalist who intends to document an international tickling competition for kicks. Instead, he finds a bizarre, threatening world created by a bully with deep pockets.
- Where: The Rio Theatre – 1660 East Broadway, Vancouver
- When: Tuesday, August 2, doors at 7 pm, movie at 7:30 pm
- Tickets: From the Rio, $12 on the door, $10 in advance
- What: The Rackets & Runners Run Club is offering a fun clinic geared to new runners and runners looking to establish a regular training routine heading into the Fall. The end of this clinic coincides perfectly with the Granville Island Turkey Trot.
- Where: Rackets & Runners – 3880 Oak Street, Vancouver
- When: Clinic runs from Tuesday, August 2, until Friday, October 7; sign up permitted until August 16.
- Tickets: From Eventbrite, $60
- What: This Australian ska and jazz band is bound to get you jumping, with their signature fusion of jazz, ska, funk and rock with heavy Latin influences. They’re in Vancouver touring their latest album, Rising With The Sun.
- Where: Commodore Ballroom – 868 Granville Street, Vancouver
- When: Tuesday, August 2 and Wednesday, August 3, doors at 8 pm, show at 9 pm
- Tickets: From Ticketmaster, $35
- What: Sick of cans of beer and pizza in a box? Time to class it up. No boring speeches here, no guy standing up there talking about his startup – this event is full of fun cocktails for all the sexy techies out there.
- Where: The Blackbird Public House – 905 Dunsmuir Street, Vancouver
- When: Tuesday, August 2, from 8 to 10:30 pm
- Tickets: From Eventbrite, $15-20
- What: The critically acclaimed Nashville star is bringing her Country and Western Rhinestone Revue show to Vancouver, with up and coming modern country musician Charlie Worsham.
- Where: Vogue Theatre – 918 Granville Street, Vancouver
- When: Tuesday, August 2, doors 6:30 pm, show 7:30 pm
- Tickets: From Ticketfly, $39.50-$47.50