FEATURED EVENTS IN VANCOUVER
Sun, January 31, 12:00pm
ARTS & THEATRE, COMMUNITY
Wed, February 3, 11:00pm
Bill Reid Gallery of Northwest Coast Art
Starts at $13.00
ARTS & THEATRE, VIRTUAL
Fri, February 5, 8:00am
Starts at $10.00
ARTS & THEATRE
Wed, February 10, 7:00pm
Word Vancouver online Zoom
Happy Tuesday, everyone! Keep the good times going with our list of seven things to do today, from concerts to ANZAC Day to a dance workshop and more.
For more things happening around town, check out our events section.
- What: The Grammy Award-winning, multi-platinum selling music artist is going on his first-ever world tour. His latest album, Starboy, debuted at number one on the Billboard Hot #200.
- Where: Rogers Arena – 800 Griffiths Way, Vancouver
- When: April 25 at 7:30 pm
- Tickets: Online, $39.50-$175
- What: The Imaginarium is a laboratory for creative exploration. Utilising an open gallery space and access to many different materials, participants can dive head first into new avenues of creation alongside fellow creators. At the end of this seven week experiment into personal creativity, there will be a collective art show for all who participated
- Where: The Gam – 110 East Hastings Steet, Vancouver
- When: April 25 to June 15, Tuesdays, Wednesdays and Thursdays from 7 to 9 pm
- Cost: $25 for studio space and access to all materials, $20 if you bring someone to collaborate with. Email [email protected] to reserve or check availability.
- What: In this femme-focused showcase of Verses Festival of Words, bear witness to the brilliant magic of Amber Dawn, Leah Lakshmi Piepzna-Samarasinha, Kama La Mackerel, and Kai Cheng Thom. Born of community and coven, care and creativity, the four artists build each other up in a world that pushes us to the verge of burning it all down.
- Where: The Cultch – 1895 Venables Street, Vancouver
- When: April 25 at 8 pm
- Register: Online, $17 in advance, $22 at the door
- What: The Salvation Army Vancouver Harbour Light’s first-ever Open House. Tours of the facility depart every 15-20 minutes, and is a chance for the public to walk through the facilities. The Salvation Army Vancouver will be sharing information about programs, art and writing from Learning Centre students, and more.
- Where: The Salvation Army Vancouver Harbour Light – 119 East Cordova Street, Vancouver
- When: April 25 from 4 to 6 pm
- Cost: Free
- What: The xx are on tour to celebrate the release of the band’s highly anticipated third album, I See You. The album is the follow up to the majorly successful xx and Coexist that have sold over three million copies worldwide.
- Where: Doug Mitchell Thunderbird Sports Centre – 6066 Thunderbird Boulevard, Vancouver
- When: April 25 at 8 pm
- Tickets: Online, $35-$65
- What: ANZAC day is an important date for Aussies and Kiwis, no matter where they live. If you’re an ANZAC living in Vancouver, the best way to pay homage our fallen brothers is to attend the Commemorative service hosted by CANZBA at Victory Square. Everyone is welcome. Afterwards, head to Moose’s Down Under for celebrations with fellow ANZACs.
- Where: Victory Square – Corner of West Hastings and Cambie, Vancouver
- When: April 25 at 6 pm
- Cost: Free
- What: Vancouver Vogue Jam is open to all ages, levels, races, and genders to learn about Vogue and Vogue Ballroom Culture. Taught by Ralph Escamillan, who has trained with Freshgroove productions and danced with Sick Stylz and 247Comapny and crews Kill The Lights, House of Ladouche, Kinesis Dance Somatheatro(box4) and Toronto collective Gadfly.
- Where: Karma Teachers – 45 West Hastings Street, Vancouver
- When: April 25 from 7:30 to 9 pm
- Cost: By Donation