It’s Wednesday, we know. But just as hump day was here a little sooner than you expected this week, the weekend will be here before you know it too.
In the meantime, here are 5 things to do in Vancouver today, from comedian TJ Miller to BBQ and bourbon.
For more things happening around town, check out our events section.
- What: Comedian TJ Miller, known for his roles in Deadpool and HBO’s Silicon Valley, is in Vancouver on his The Meticulously Ridiculous Tour, with mixed-media artist Kate Miller.
- Where: Vogue Theatre – 918 Granville St, Vancouver
- When: Wednesday, September 7, at 7:30 pm
- Tickets: On Ticketfly, $32.50
- What: Check out this monthly psych and garage night, featuring Tanglers, Jock Tears, RE/GEN, and Cheap High plus DJ Joshy. Free Jim Beam for the first 50 people through the door!
- Where: Biltmore Cabaret – 2755 Prince Edward St, Vancouver
- When: Wednesday, September 7, from 8 to 11 pm
- Tickets: $10 on the door
- What: Meet the artists that created the work for Science World’s art exhibition ‘Science Collides’. The event is free to attend but only the main atrium at Science World will be open.
- Where: Science World at TELUS World of Science – 1455 Quebec Street, Vancouver
- When: Wednesday, September 7, from 5:30 to 7:30 pm
- Register: On Eventbrite, totally free
- What: This comedy character workshop with improv veteran Sara Gaare will focus on creating a wide variety of characters for solo performance, sketch comedy, and improv, and teach you how to get out of your head and get goofy and spontaneous!
- Where: Instant Studios – 529 East Broadway, Vancouver
- When: Wednesday, September 7, from 7 to 10 pm
- Tickets: On Eventbrite, $59-$79
- What: Dixie’s BBQ and Beam Suntory are hosting this five-course, paired, whiskey-drenched dinner with host, Bourbon Ambassador and lover of all things whiskey, Matt Jones.
- Where: Dixie’s BBQ – 337 East Hastings Street, Vancouver
- When: Wednesday, September 7, from 6 to 9 pm
- Tickets: On Eventbrite, $75 in advance, $85 on the door, includes dinner, drinks, tax and tip