FEATURED EVENTS IN VANCOUVER
Wed, November 25, 12:00pm
Starts at $1.00
Sun, November 29, 11:00am
Wed, December 2, 10:00am
ARTS & THEATRE, OUTDOOR
Fri, December 4, 10:00am
Thursday is the new Friday. Here are five things to do in Vancouver on Thursday, September 15.
- What: Get a behind-the-scenes look at the brewing process and sample some delicious flights of local beer. Tickets include a private tour of Main Street Brewing and tastings in all three breweries: Steel Toad Brewpub, Main Street Brewing, and Big Rock Brewery. All proceeds go to Cystic Fibrosis Canada.
- Where: Tours either start at Big Rock Brewery – 310 West 4th Avenue, Vancouver, or Main Street Brewing – 261 E 7th Ave, Vancouver, depending on ticket option
- When: Thursday, September 15, from 6 to 9 pm
- Tickets: On Eventbrite, $70
- What: There are tons of events happening at this annual food festival aimed at bringing attention to food as a means of social inclusion and community building, and developing the public’s skills in areas like urban gardening and food prep.
- Where: Gordon Neighbourhood House – 1019 Broughton Street, Vancouver
- When: From Thursday, September 15 to Tuesday, September 20; various times
- Schedule: Check Eventbrite, totally free
- What: See Star Trek II: The Wrath of Khan (1982) and Star Trek IV: the Voyage Home (1986) on this, the 50th anniversary of the moment Star Trek first hit TVs.
- Where: H. R. MacMillan Space Centre – 1100 Chestnut Street, Vancouver
- When: Thursday, September 15, from 6:30 to 11 pm
- Tickets: On Eventbrite, $13 for one movie, $21 for both
- What: Learn about the Northeast False Creek planning process and share your vision for the future of the area. There’ll also be live music, food trucks, and family friendly activities. If you can’t make the event, you can still share your thoughts online.
- Where: Plaza of Nations, Vancouver
- When: Thursday, September 15, from 5:30 to 9 pm
- Info: On vancouver.ca, entry free
- What: Vancouver’s comedy scene gets lit up, shattering stereotypes and sparking laughs. This show features a cast of all female improvisers, resulting in stories told from a very female point of view.
- Where: Improv Centre – 1502 Duranleau Street, Vancouver (Granville Island)
- When: Thursday, September 15 at 9:15 pm