It’s Thursday! And more importantly, it’s September! Time to shake off those fall outfits, don your toque and get back out on the town.
So here are 5 things to do in Vancouver today, from Shanghai acrobats to a scent free shirt party.
For more things happening around town, check out our events section.
- What: One of the original Cirque-style performance troupes, the world-famous Shanghai Acrobats continue to astonish audiences around the globe with their amazing displays of artistry and athleticism.
- Where: Orpheum – 601 Smithe Street, Vancouver
- When: Thursday, September 1, at 7:30 pm
- Tickets: Through VSO, $22-$75
- What: You’ll need to register in pairs for this three-week intensive, covering all of the essential duo skills. Students will learn character diversity, multi character editing, duo edits, openings suitable for duos before a final public showcase.
- Where: Instant Studios – 529 East Broadway, Vancouver
- When: Thursday, September 1, from 6:30 to 9:30 pm
- Register: On Eventbrite, $169-$199
- What: Drop by to tell the City of Vancouver’s project team about your vision for the renewed park and learn about the design process. This event takes place alongside the Frog Hollow Neighbourhood House Harvest Festival.
- Where: Clinton Park – 2690 Grant St, Vancouver
- When: Thursday, September 1, from 6 to 9 pm
- What: Showing as part of the Vancouver Latin American Film Festival, this documentary takes place in the Downtown Eastside, where director Juan Manuel Sepúlveda spent two years hanging out and getting to know the locals.
- Where: VIFF Vancity Theatre – 1181 Seymour Street, Vancouver
- When: Thursday, September 1, at 8 pm
- Tickets: At VLAFF, $12 full price, $10 for students
- What: Follow your nose to find romance, at this one of a kind event, in which speed daters bring worn t-shirts to help potential dates make the right match instinctively.
- Where: Gallery 2.0, level 4 – 6133 University Boulevard, Vancouver
- When: Thursday, September 1, from 6:30 to 8:30 pm
- Tickets: On Eventbrite, $25-$35