FEATURED ON THE LISTED GUIDE
Spring break is nearly finished, so let’s keep the drive alive with our list of seven things to do around Vancouver today, from a newsroom tour to a Bachelor meet-and-greet.
For more things happening around town, check out our events section.
- What: Mac Lethal is a rapper, videographer, author, producer, and entrepreneur from Kansas City, Missouri. He is known for his viral hit, “Pancake Rap,” and is also the creator of blog and book, Texts from Bennett.
- When: March 23 at 9 pm
- Where: Fortune Sound Club – 147 East Pender Street, Vancouver
- Price: Online, $20. 19+
- What: Port Moody Craft Brewery Tour invites craft beer-loving Vancouverites on a facilitated tour of four local craft breweries in Port Moody, BC – Twin Sails, Yellow Dog, Parkside, and Moody Ales – otherwise known as “Brewer’s Row.”
- Where: Port Moody – 2821 Murray St, Port Moody
- When: March 23 from 7 to 9:30 pm.
- Tickets: Online, $39 or $70 for two
- What: The Refugee Hotel is a dark comedy that brings the struggle close to home. Set in a rundown West End Vancouver hotel in 1974, eight Chilean exiles struggle with the effects of fleeing their unstable homeland. The play is written and directed by Studio 58 alumna Carmen Aguirre, and parallels her family’s experiences as political refugees to Vancouver.
- Where: Studio 58, Langara College – 100 West 49th Avenue, Vancouver
- When: March 23 to April 9
- Tickets: Online, $12.25-$24.75
- What: Venture on a one hour nature quest. Find out how trees talk to each other through their roots and look for forest sprites and rock trolls. Dress in costume and bring food to roast on the campfire.
- Where: Aldergrove Regional Park – Meet at Blacktail Picnic Shelter by main park entrance on 27240 8th Ave
- When: March 23 from 10 am to 2 pm
- More Info: Online, free, all ages
- What: Join Canadian Women in Public Relations for a private tour of the CBC Vancouver Broadcast Centre Newsroom. The CBC Vancouver Broadcast Centre is a state-of-the-art integrated newsroom, home of CBC News Vancouver and CBC Radio, and forms the cornerstone of a major redevelopment.
- Where: CBC Vancouver – 700 Hamilton Street, Vancouver
- When: March 23 from 12:45 pm to 2:30 pm
- Tickets: Online, Free for members, $50 for non-members
- What: Business woman, frequent napper, owner of a world famous ‘platinum vagine’; Corinne is many things to many people, and next week she’ll be swapping Miami for Metro Van as she plays host at The Pint.
- Where: The Pint – 455 Abbott Street, Vancouver
- When: March 23 from 10 pm onwards
- What: In this state-of-the-art concert film (which debuted at the Cannes Film Festival in 2016), renowned Swedish director Jonas Åkerlund takes a radical new approach to capturing the emotion and thrill of Rammstein’s one-of-a-kind live performance.
- Where: Rio Theatre – 1660 East Broadway
- When: March 23 at 6:30 and 9 pm
- Tickets: Online, $12