FEATURED EVENTS IN VANCOUVER
Thursday has arrived, which means the weekend is just around the corner! Let’s keep the drive alive with our list of seven things to do around Vancouver today, from After Hours at the Vancouver Aquarium to a St. Patrick’s Day Eve party.
For more things happening around town, check out our events section.
- What: The Internet began as two people – Syd and Matt. Syd taught herself how to record, engineer, and produce at age 15. She also sings, imbuing every song with a sultry, mellifluous, quiet power. Matt produces and plays synths. She’s now 23; he’s now 26. Like all post-modern relationships, the duo initially met on Myspace in 2008, only to meet in-person three years later.
- Where: Imperial – 319 Main Street, Vancouver
- When: March 16 at 9 pm
- Tickets: Online, $26.50
- What: Be the first person at The Blarney Stone on St Patricks Day. Party includes a balloon drop at midnight, as well as live music by The Loaded Stones, and DJ Zeus.
- Where: The Blarney Stone – 216 Carrall St, Vancouver
- When: March 16 at 10 pm
- More Info: Online
- What: Check Your Head is launching a new project with a goal of engaging youth in understanding and addressing the issues that affect their health and wellbeing. The first explores social determinants of health and how they influence our decisions, wellbeing and quality of life. Youth will learn how to increase control over these social determinants of health.
- Where: Broadway Youth Resource Center – 2455 Fraser Street, Vancouver
- When: March 16 from 4:30 to 6 pm
- Cost: Free
- What: Ballet BC’s Program 2 features local choreographers, gathering together Canadian talent to celebrate our country’s 150th birthday. Company 605, Wen Wei Dance and Lesley Telford all presenting new works, along with Crystal Pite’s critically-acclaimed Solo Echo getting a remount.
- Where: Queen Elizabeth Theatre – 650 Hamilton Street, Vancouver
- When: March 16 to 18
- Register: Online, $22-$92
- What: An exhibition of works based in metal, ceramic and textile by emerging artists Jade Beck, Janet Harrison, Emily May, Laura Meyers and Christina Shimek, presented by the Craft Council of BC.
- Where: Craft Council of British Columbia – 1386 Cartwright Street, Vancouver
- When: Now to March 16, from 10:30 am to 5:30 pm daily
- Cost: Free
- What: Vancouver Aquarium’s taking its animal education to the next level on March 16 with its next After Hours. The adults-only event will feature exhibits that teach guests about the sex lives of animals. The intimate affair offers cocktails, beer, and wine for purchase while everyone enjoys a number of special experiences.
- Where: Vancouver Aquarium – 845 Avison Way, Vancouver
- When: March 16 from 6:30 to 10 pm
- Price: Online, $23 for members and $31 for non-members,
- What: Joining a family of seasonal cups including the classic red cups which mark the onset of the Christmas/winter season, as well as the more recently introduced summer and autumn cups, these new, pastel-hued visual cues will help welcome the new season. Spring cups will be available in participating stores for just a few days starting next week, March 16.
- Where: Participating Starbucks around Vancouver
- When: Starting March 16