FEATURED EVENTS IN YOUR CITY
ARTS & THEATRE, COMMUNITY
Wed, October 21, 2:36pm
Dimensions Art Gallery
Starts at $20.00
ARTS & THEATRE, COMMUNITY
Thu, November 12, 9:00am
East Vancouver at various locations
Thu, October 22, 12:00pm
Starts at $5.00
ARTS & THEATRE, VIRTUAL
Wed, October 28, 12:00pm
Welcome to June, everyone! Kickstart your month with these seven things to do around Vancouver!
For more things happening around town, check out our events section.
- What: Acclaimed, multi-platinum selling, Oscar, Golden Globe, and 10x Grammy Award winning singer-songwriter John Legend will be in the city as part of his “Darkness and Light Tour.” This show is bound to be legendary.
- Where: Rogers Arena – 800 Griffiths Way, Vancouver
- When: June 1 at 8 pm
- Tickets: Online, $35-$125
- What: A multi Canadian Comedy Award winner, Mark currently can be seen on the latest season on Fargo on FX, and CraveTV’s Letterkenny.
- Where: The Comedy Mix – 1015 Burrard Street, Vancouver
- When: June 1 to 3
- Tickets: Online, $15-20
- What: This local food destination is situated on the corner of Georgia & Hamilton at the Queen Elizabeth Theatre Plaza. Shop fresh weekly to enjoy quality fresh fruits and vegetables, meat, eggs and poultry, baked goods, artisan food and craft, fresh fish, and local craft beer, wine and spirits.
- Where: Queen Elizabeth Theatre – 650 Hamilton Street, Vancouver
- When: Every Thursday from 11 am to 3 pm, June 1 to October 5
- What: Music Waste is an independent music and art festival held annually in Vancouver. Happening over four days at the beginning of June, Music Waste is entirely volunteer-run and organized, and showcases over 70 local bands.
- Where: Venues across Vancouver
- When: June 1 to 4
- Tickets: Online, $15.75
- What: The Granville Island Farmers Market is the oldest of its kind in Vancouver offering customers fresh fruits, vegetables, and flowers. This market also has local craft beer and wine vendors too.
- Where: Triangle Square (between the Net Loft and the Public Market), Granville Island
- When: Every Thursday from 10 am to 3 pm, June 1 to September 28
- What: Returning for its second year, Mat Collective started as a yoga mat recycling program. Now, the program will offer free yoga indoor and outdoor classes every day all summer long. Mat Collective offers five classes: Hatha, Flow, Power, Kundalini, and Yin. The classes are designed for all levels.
- When: June 1 to August 31. Times vary. Check schedule for details.
- Where: Classes take place at Kitsilano Beach Park 1499 Arbutus Street and 95 East 32nd Avenue in Vancouver. Check the full schedule here.
- Cost: Free
- What: SHIFT Theatre presents the tenth annual iteration of their signature event. Three diverse Passion Projects are presented nightly, and their universal thread of “Fierce Truth Telling” reflects SHIFT’s move to collaborate with more experienced artists and activists, driven to create works that reflect our conflicted times.
- Where: Firehall Arts Centre – 280 East Cordova Street, Vancouver
- When: June 1 to 3 at 8 pm
- Tickets: Online, $25