FEATURED EVENTS IN VANCOUVER
Sunday has arrived, and it is full of experiences and events for you and your friends!
From a march against racism to a shoreline cleanup, check out our 10 things to do in Vancouver (and beyond) this Sunday, March 26.
For more things happening around town, check out our events section.
- What: The Vancouver march aims to take action “against the rise of fascist groups in our back yard and the racist immigration and citizenship policies of the Canadian government,” say the organizers in the Facebook event posting. March organizers are also calling for stronger hate crime legislation to better protect minorities from hate groups, and to repeal bills C-24, C-44, and C-51.
- Where: Begins at Thornton Park –Terminal Ave, Vancouver, ends at Victory Square Park – 200 W Hastings St, Vancouver
- When: March 26 from 1 to 4 pm
- Info: On Facebook
- What: A showcase of small steps and simple solutions to eco-friendly, healthy, active living. Featuring over 200 exhibitors, concerts by Bobs & LoLo and Jessie Farrell, and meet-and-greets with CBC Kids characters Daniel Tiger, Super Why!, Bookaboo & Scout.
- Where: Vancouver Convention Centre East – 999 Canada Place, Vancouver
- When: March 26 from 9 am to 5 pm
- Tickets: Online, $15, 16-years-old and younger free
- What: A night celebrating Vancouver’s best locally made web series. Featuring awards for filmmakers, prizes for the audience, and a dance party for everyone.
- Where: The Rio Theatre – 1660 East Broadway, Vancouver
- When: March 26 from 6 to 11 pm
- Tickets: Online, $8
- What: Watch world-class athletes flipping and twisting through a burning ring of fire and finish with a first class fireworks display.
- Where: Skiers Plaza (located at Whistler Village base between Whistler and Blackcomb Gondolas)
- When: March 26 at 8 pm
- Cost: Free
- What: Geekiest fantasies come to life in vivid technicolor.
Featuring performances by Kitty Glitter, Riannaconda, Baby LeStrange, Wild Card Kitty and more. Go-Go by Sasja Smolders and hosted by The Purrrfessor!
- Where: The Biltmore Cabaret
- When: March 26 at 9 pm
- Tickets: Online, $10
- What: Songs inspired by bad influences, stories about corruption and general teenage debauchery, told through the art of drag.
- Where: Displace Hashery – 3293 West 4th Avenue, Vancouver
- When: March 26 at 8:30 pm
- Tickets: At the door, $10
- What: One of UBC’s most iconic experiences. Swim, sprint, bike, run and Storm the Wall! Participate as a competitive or just-for-fun team, or challenge yourself to do the whole course on your own as an Iron Person. A fun & exciting UBC tradition.
- Where: UBC REC – 6000 Student Union Boulevard, Vancouver
- When: March 26 to 29
- Register: Online
- What: A free screening and discussion of the movie Tomorrow, followed by speaker Florian from Belgium who is riding over 20,000 km more than 1000 days with his project Share by bike to inspire people to be the change we can all be.
- Where: Creative Coworkers – 343 Railway Street, Vancouver
- When: March 26 at 6:30 pm
- Cost: Free
- What: Join the Sea Shepherd Conservation Society Vancouver and UCST volunteers for a beach clean-up in Vancouver’s Spanish Banks. Buckets and bags will be provided. Please bring your own water, snacks and work gloves.
- Where: Spanish Banks (far east parking lot) – 4801 NW Marine Drive, Vancouver
- When: March 26 from 11 am to 1 pm
- Cost: Free
- What: Featuring live comedy skits and films, a fashion show, and a bhangra performance. Presented by the SFU Punjabi Students Association, the evening promotes Punjabi culture in a family friendly environment while raising funds for the Sikhi Awareness Foundation.
- Where: Bell Performing Arts Centre – 6250 144th Street, Surrey
- When: March 26 from 5;30 to 9 pm
- Tickets: Minimum $15 donation