5 things to do in Vancouver today: Monday, September 5
Sep 3 2016, 6:52 am
FEATURED ON THE LISTED GUIDE
The last day of the long weekend…We hope you’re making the most of it! If not – then we’re here to help.
Here are 5 things to do in Vancouver this Monday, from one easy, glorious hike to the final, beautiful façade.
For more things happening around town, check out our events section.
Go for an easy hike
- What: We get it, no one wants too much exertion on a stat holiday. But a walk in the woods will help clear your head for the coming week, and make the most of our beautiful Vancouver. Plus, reaching the top is a great excuse for a beer, right?
- Where: Vancouver’s North Shore – choose from Quarry Rock, Lighthouse Park, Capilano Pacific Park, Lynn Loop or Cypress Falls.
- When: Anytime!
- Info: Check out our guide to 5 easy hikes for lazy people in Vancouver
Aritzia Warehouse Sale 2016
- What: If you prefer shopping to hiking… it’s the final day of the Aritzia Warehouse Sale, with major price cuts of 50% to 90% off! Don’t worry about all the good stuff being gone – as usual, there’s been a constant rotation of new stock coming in daily.
- Where: Vancouver Convention Centre West – 999 Canada Place, Vancouver
- When: Monday, September 5, from 9 am to 7 pm
7th Annual Pitch n Putt Charity Event
- What: Another amazing year of fun, games, drinks, golf, and music, to support the Big Brothers of Greater Vancouver.
- Where: Queen Elizabeth Park – West 33rd and Cambie Street, Vancouver
- When: Monday, September 5 at 10:30 am
- Tickets: $50. Click here to purchase.
You Be Sea Music Festival
- What: For one night, fill that festival shaped hole in your heart with enough uninhibited musical euphoria to last you well past midterms. Staged on the rooftop garden of the AMS Nest, and set to the soundtrack of more than seven incredible local artists, You Be Sea is a festival dedicated to groovy music, free love, and philanthropy.
- Where: The AMS Nest Rooftop Garden – 6133 University Boulevard, Vancouver
- When: Monday, September 5, from 6 pm to midnight
- Tickets: $10. Click here to purchase.
- What: It’s the final day of the Façade Festival, and your last chance to see the Robson Street side of the Vancouver Art Gallery transformed into a piece of projection mapping art with the help of five local artists.
- Where: Vancouver Art Gallery – 750 Hornby Street, Vancouver (Robson side)
- When: Final day on Monday, September 5; façades light up at sundown.