So, it’s Monday. Why, oh why, did the weekend have to end? We were so ready to just commit to a life of leisure and neverending free time…
But if we must return to the real world, we may as well keep busy. So, here are 5 things to do in Vancouver this Monday, from Dolly Parton to A Field Guide To Lies.
For more things happening around town, check out our events section.
- What: Country legend Dolly Parton will dazzle with songs and stories from her storied, six decade-long career. Parton has racked up an impressive 25 Number One songs on Billboard’s country chart, more than any other female artist.
- When: Monday, September 19, at 7:30 pm
- Where: Rogers Arena – 800 Griffiths Way, Vancouver
- Tickets: On Ticketmaster, $39.50-$97.50.
- What: Fugue Theatre is auditioning young female singers ages 12-25 for an in-concert presentation of the new Canadian musical Les filles du roi. No prior stage experience required – but you do need to be comfortable with harmonies.
- When: Monday, September 19, from 6 to 9 pm
- Where: Il Centro Italian Cultural Centre – 3075 Slocan Street, Vancouver
- More info: On Facebook, or email [email protected]
- What: The Icelandic rockers are on the road promoting Kevikur, their first album not to feature founding member Kjartan Sveinsson.
- When: Monday, September 19 at 8:30 pm
- Where: Queen Elizabeth Theatre – 630 Hamilton Street, Vancouver
- Tickets: On Ticketmaster, $56.50-$76.50
- What: An evening of film and discovery: five original documentary shorts sharing the stories of LGBTQ2+ seniors from around British Columbia speaking of life, love and the wisdom that comes with growing older.
- Where: Vancity Theatre – 1181 Seymour Street, Vancouver
- When: Monday, September 19, from 6:30 to 10:30 pm
- Register: On Eventbrite, totally free
- What: This promises to be an eyeopening night, as bestselling author Daniel Levitin discusses the online world of pseudo-facts and outright lies – and shows you how to recognize digital distortions – in an interview with journalist Kathryn Gretsinger.
- Where: Frederic Wood Theatre – 6534 Crescent Road, Vancouver
- When: Monday, September 19, from 7:30 to 9:30 pm
- Tickets: From Theatrewire, $26