FEATURED EVENTS IN VANCOUVER
A Future for Memory: Art and Life After the Great East Japan Earthquake, February 11 to September 5, 2021
It’s Monday, it’s Halloween and it’s the last day of October. Oh, and it looks like rain for the rest of the week. But don’t worry – we’re here to get you through.
Let’s kick things off – here are 5 things to do in Vancouver this Monday, from baby sea turtles to our land beautiful.
For more things happening around town, check out our events section.
- What: Join Brad Nahill from SEE Turtles to learn about endangered sea turtles and how you can help protect them, by supporting community-based conservation efforts, ecotourism, education, and the Billion Baby Turtles project.
- Where: Vancouver Diving Locker – 2745 West 4th Avenue, Vancouver
- When: Monday, October 31, from 7 to 8:30 pm
- Register: On Eventbrite, totally free
- What: If you’re not totally exhausted from Halloween weekend, you can head to this two-floor blow-out 1980s dance party, featuring the city’s best party DJs, as well as spooktacular thrills and live performances from The Lost Girls Burlesque.
- Where: The Fox Cabaret – 2321 Main Street, Vancouver
- When: Monday, October 31, from 10:30 pm to 1:30 am
- Tickets: On Eventbrite, $20-$24
- What: Every Monday until December 26, local band Petunia and the Vipers will be playing their highly original brand of roots music to folks in the WISE Hall & Lounge. Enjoy!
- Where: WISE Hall & Lounge – 1882 Adanac Street, Vancouver
- When: Monday, October 31, from 8 to 11 pm
- Admission: On the door, with $10 lounge membership
- What: A more peaceful way to close out Halloween, All Souls gives you a space to share in different customs for remembering the dead, including lighting community shrines, listening to beautiful harp music, and painting Mexican sugar skulls.
- Where: Mountain View Cemetery – 5455 Fraser Street, Vancouver
- When: Monday, October 31, from 6 to 9 pm
- Info: Online, totally free
- What: If you missed out on Nettie Wild’s extraordinary documentary KONELĪNE: Our Land Beautiful, during VIFF, now’s your chance to marvel at this stunning film, which reveals the staggering landscape and pristine beauty of northern BC.
- Where: VIFF Vancity Theatre – 1181 Seymour St, Vancouver
- When: Monday, October 31, at 6:30 pm; more screenings through November 10
- Tickets: At VIFF, $12 full price, $10 for students