It’s Monday, it’s Halloween and it’s the last day of October. Oh, and it looks like rain for the rest of the week. But don’t worry – we’re here to get you through.
Let’s kick things off – here are 5 things to do in Vancouver this Monday, from baby sea turtles to our land beautiful.
For more things happening around town, check out our events section.
- What: Join Brad Nahill from SEE Turtles to learn about endangered sea turtles and how you can help protect them, by supporting community-based conservation efforts, ecotourism, education, and the Billion Baby Turtles project.
- Where: Vancouver Diving Locker – 2745 West 4th Avenue, Vancouver
- When: Monday, October 31, from 7 to 8:30 pm
- Register: On Eventbrite, totally free
- What: If you’re not totally exhausted from Halloween weekend, you can head to this two-floor blow-out 1980s dance party, featuring the city’s best party DJs, as well as spooktacular thrills and live performances from The Lost Girls Burlesque.
- Where: The Fox Cabaret – 2321 Main Street, Vancouver
- When: Monday, October 31, from 10:30 pm to 1:30 am
- Tickets: On Eventbrite, $20-$24
- What: Every Monday until December 26, local band Petunia and the Vipers will be playing their highly original brand of roots music to folks in the WISE Hall & Lounge. Enjoy!
- Where: WISE Hall & Lounge – 1882 Adanac Street, Vancouver
- When: Monday, October 31, from 8 to 11 pm
- Admission: On the door, with $10 lounge membership
- What: A more peaceful way to close out Halloween, All Souls gives you a space to share in different customs for remembering the dead, including lighting community shrines, listening to beautiful harp music, and painting Mexican sugar skulls.
- Where: Mountain View Cemetery – 5455 Fraser Street, Vancouver
- When: Monday, October 31, from 6 to 9 pm
- Info: Online, totally free
- What: If you missed out on Nettie Wild’s extraordinary documentary KONELĪNE: Our Land Beautiful, during VIFF, now’s your chance to marvel at this stunning film, which reveals the staggering landscape and pristine beauty of northern BC.
- Where: VIFF Vancity Theatre – 1181 Seymour St, Vancouver
- When: Monday, October 31, at 6:30 pm; more screenings through November 10
- Tickets: At VIFF, $12 full price, $10 for students