Another rainy Monday, but the outlook is bright – next weekend is Thanksgiving, and more importantly, we’ll all get an extra day off.
To help you make it there, let’s get started – here are 5 things to do in Vancouver this Monday, from F**kup Night to a Canucks comeback.
For more things happening around town, check out our events section.
- What: Let’s get real: we’ve all fucked up at some point. F**kup Nights is a casual, swearing-allowed speaker series aiming to build collective wisdom. Featuring Michelle Martin, CEO of NXT Level You, and Hussein Hallak, GM of the Launch Academy.
- Where: The Imperial – 319 Main Street, Vancouver
- When: Monday, October 3, from 5:30 to 9:30 pm
- Tickets: On Eventbrite, $10
- What: At this fundraiser food event for the BC Women’s Newborn ICU, guests will be able to “sip and savour” some of Vancouver’s top food and drinks from acclaimed restaurants like Hawksworth, The Mackenzie Room, Minami, and The Acorn.
- Where: The Pipe Shop – 115 Victory Ship Way, North Vancouver
- When: Monday, October 3, from 7 to 10 pm
- Tickets: Available from BC Women’s Foundation, $85
- What: Being screened as part of the Vancouver International Film Festival, Nettie Wild’s extraordinary documentary KONELĪNE: Our Land Beautiful reveals the staggering landscape and pristine beauty of northern BC.
- Where: Vancouver Playhouse – 600 Hamilton Street, Vancouver
- When: Monday, October 3, at 6:30 pm
- Tickets: At VIFF, $15 full price, $13 for students
- What: If you want to get into investment banking, consulting, and accounting, this workshop might be for you. Open to students and graduates of all high schools and universities, it aims to help prepare and motivate you to achieve your career dreams.
- Where: University of British Columbia, The Great Hall – 6133 University Blvd, Vancouver
- When: Monday, October 3, from 9 am to 1 pm
- Tickets: On Eventbrite, $25
- What: Yes, hockey is back! Right now, it’s the just the pre-season, but this is your chance to see the Vancouver Canucks face off against the Arizona Coyotes, one of seven pre-season games before the season starts proper on October 15.
- Where: Rogers Arena – 800 Griffiths Way, Vancouver
- When: Monday, October 3, from 7 to 9:15 pm
- Tickets: On Ticketmaster, $25.75-$181.75