FEATURED EVENTS IN YOUR CITY
It’s Monday, and we can hardly believe it either – by the end of the week, it will be December. Crazy. So let’s make these last few days of November count!
In the meantime, here are 5 things to do in Vancouver this Monday, from Finnish power metal to Harry Potter in drag.
For more things happening around town, check out our events section.
- What: Sonata Arctica’s symphonic and progressive metal creates a sonically huge live experience. Since their debut in 1996, the Finnish group has continuously received critical acclaim, never disappointing fans or pundits. Get ready to be overwhelmed.
- Where: VENUE – 881 Granville Street, Vancouver
- When: Monday, November 28, doors 7 pm
- Tickets: Available online, $35
- What: Raindance Vancouver is hosting a special edition of their Booze N Schmooze nights for aspiring independent filmmakers thinking of volunteering with the organization, which offers training, workshops and networking.
- Where: Studio Records – 919 Granville St, Vancouver
- When: Monday, November 28, at 7 pm
- Info: raindance.org/vancouver
- What: From the Oscar-winning producers of Amy and Senna comes Supersonic, a gin-and-tonic soaked documentary, telling the remarkable story of the iconic band Oasis, through unprecedented access and extensive, unseen archival footage.
- Where: Rio Theatre – 1660 E Broadway, Vancouver
- When: Monday, November 28, doors 6:15 pm, movie at 6:45 pm
- Tickets: At the Rio, $10 in advance, $12 on the door
- What: Whether you’re single, dating or shacking up, this workshop with researcher Richard Tatomir aims to give you the tools you need to get and keep the relationship you want, and teach you how to increase intimacy, passion, and reduce conflict.
- Where: The Art of Loving – 369 West Broadway, Vancouver
- When: Monday, November 28, from 7:30 to 9:30 pm
- Ticket: Available online, $20
- What: Grab your wands and hang on to your portkeys, B-Roll is back with a magical, drag night tribute to the world of witchcraft and wizardry, Harry Potter, to celebrate the release of Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them.
- Where: The Penthouse Night Club – 1019 Seymour Street, Vancouver
- When: Monday, November 28, from 9 to 11:30 pm
- Tickets: On Eventbrite, $10-$15