It’s Monday! The start of a brand new week, with snow on the mountains and even a tiny bit of sun in the forecast.
So let’s get going. Here are 5 things to do in Vancouver this Monday, from White Fish, Blue Fish, to a Tribe Called Red.
For more things happening around town, check out our events section.
- What: A thought-provoking screening of two new Canadian seafood documentaries – Bluefin, which explores the mystery of why bluefin tuna no longer fear humans, and Hand.Line.Cod, which follows traditional fishers who catch cod live by hand, by hook and line, one at a time. Followed by a Q&A with an expert panel.
- Where: Vancouver Aquarium – 845 Avison Way, Vancouver
- When: Monday, November 21, doors at 6:30 pm, starts at 7 pm
- Tickets: At Vancouver Aquarium, $15
- What: To celebrate World Whisky Week, Legacy Liquor is hosting a masterclass and tasting to help you gain a deeper understanding of whisky by exploring six different expressions from around the globe.
- Where: Legacy Liquor – 1633 Manitoba St., Vancouver
- When: Monday, November 21, at 7 pm
- Tickets: At Legacy Liquor, $30
- What: Join Maria Alyokhina (Masha) and Alexandra Bogino (Sasha) of infamous Russian feminist punk rock protest group Pussy Riot, in a conversation covering politics, art, feminism, LGBTQ issues, and prisoners’ rights.
- Where: Rickshaw Theatre – 254 E. Hastings, Vancouver
- When: Monday, November 21, from 7:30 to 10:30 pm
- Tickets: On Ticketfly, $19.50-$25
- What: This edition of the BFF Club Comedy Night is offering you the laugh you need after all the turmoil down south. As always the show will be hosted by Jenny Toews, Brad Dorion and Stefan MacNeil, with a lineup of hand-selected comedians.
- Where: Yagger’s Downtown Restaurant and Sports Bar – 433 West Pender Street, Vancouver
- When: Monday, November 21, doors at 7 pm, show at 8 pm
- Tickets: On the door, $5
- What: Canadian electronic stars A Tribe Called Red’s first show in Vancouver last Friday sold out, so here’s your second chance. The band has been on a steady rise since winning the 2014 Juno Award for Breakthrough Group of the Year and their latest album We Are the Halluci Nation is a hit with critics and fans.
- Where: Commodore Ballroom – 868 Granville St, Vancouver
- When: Monday, November 21 at 8 pm
- Tickets: On Ticketmaster, $25