5 things to do in Vancouver today: Monday, June 22
Dec 19 2017, 11:46 pm
Nothing to do? We’ve got you covered. Here are the top five events happening in Vancouver today, June 22.
For more events, visit our Vancouver Events Calendar.
TD Vancouver International Jazz Festival
- What: The 30th annual TD Vancouver International Jazz Festival heats up summer in the city with one impeccable lineup. Today’s events: Ian Shaw Trio, Giulia Valle Trio, Tom Lee Music Workshops, Ayelet Rose Gottlieb, Renee Rosnes Quartet, The Stanley Clarke Band, Scott Hamilton & The Tony Foster Trio, Eric Revis Trio featuring Kris Davis and Gerald Cleaver
- Where: Various locations – see website.
- When: Various times – see website. Festival runs June 18 to July 1.
Free Outdoor Yoga
- What: Free yoga classes held at Kits Beach Monday, Wednesday and Friday evenings from 7 to 8 p.m.
- Where: Kits Beach, between the swimming pool and tennis courts – Cornwall Ave. and Yew St., Vancouver
- When: Every Monday, Wednesday and Friday night until August 31, 2015; 7 to 8 p.m.
- What: Indie-pop musician Tor Miller headlines Guilt & Co to play hits from his recent album Headlights.
- Where: Guilt & Co – 1 Alexander St., Vancouver
- When: Monday, June 22; 9 p.m.
- What: The iconic Kitsilano Showboat is in its 80th season this year with four performance nights each week showcasing dance and costumes from around the world in front of the North Shore mountain’s scenic backdrop.
- Where: Kitsilano Beach – western end of park next to Kits Pool
- When: Mondays, Wednesdays, Fridays, Saturdays, June 22 to August 15; 7 p.m.
Building a Better Brain: Daily Habits That Can Keep You Sharper, Longer
- What: The British Columbia Psychological Association in partnership with the Vancouver Public Library are proud to host a free workshop by Dr. Larissa Mead-Wescott. Do you worry about memory loss, or not being able to ‘keep up’ with the younger generation? Changes in our thinking skills are thought of as a natural part of aging, however, current research is demonstrating that many of our daily habits have an influence on our brain’s health.
- Where: Vancouver Public Library Central Branch – 350 West Georgia St., Vancouver
- When: Monday, June 22; 7 to 8:30 p.m.