It’s Monday. Yes, we also feel like curling up in a ball and just going back to bed. But there’s plenty going on in Vancouver today, so let’s get out there, loud and proud.
Here are 5 things to do in Vancouver this Monday, from delectable dinners to rousing roots music.
For more things happening around town, check out our events section.
- What: With an exciting 17 days of foodie events going down in Vancouver, you’re bound to want to go to at least one. Check out the impressive list of events, dinners, tastings, and brunch crawls coming up for Dine Out Vancouver this year.
- Where: Participating venues across Vancouver
- When: Now through Sunday, February 5
- Tickets: Tickets can be purchased here
- What: Jess Thom has Tourette syndrome. And she can’t stop saying “biscuit.” Through riotous comedy and song, you’re invited in to the English performer’s world, widening perspectives of what normal is and the intricate beauty of the brain.
- Where: Roundhouse Community Arts & Recreation Centre – 181 Roundhouse Mews, Vancouver
- When: From Monday, January 30, through Wednesday, February 1, at 8 pm
- Tickets: On Ticketfly, $36
- What: Good news ladies of Vancouver! You’ll be able to ski and snowboard at Mt. Seymour for only $10 every Monday night, starting this week. The event, known as Shred For The Cause, will benefit Downtown Eastside social services.
- Where: Mt. Seymour – 1700 Mt Seymour Road, North Vancouver
- When: Every Monday night, from 6 to 10 pm, from January 23 to March 27
- Tickets: $10 for women, $33 for men; cash recommended
- What: Every Monday pro comics from all over North America perform at Eight 1/2 Restaurant Lounge. $3.50 beers, and only $5 cover. Performing this week are San Aung, Oli Maughan, Hayley Beamish, and headliner Nick Beaton, amongst others.
- Where: Eight 1/2 Restaurant Lounge – 151 East 8th Ave, Vancouver
- When: Monday, January 30, from 9 pm to midnight
- Register: On Facebook, $5 on the door
- What: A breath of fresh air amid the chaos. Every Monday until March 27, local band Petunia and the Vipers will be playing two sets of their highly original brand of roots music to folks in the WISE Hall & Lounge. Enjoy!
- Where: WISE Hall & Lounge – 1882 Adanac Street, Vancouver
- When: Every until March 27, from 8 to 11 pm
- Admission: On the door, with $10 lounge membership