It’s Monday! And we’re as determined as you are to kick the week off in style, so let’s get going.
Here are 5 things to do in Vancouver this Monday, from fabulous food trucks to sidesplitting comedy.
For more things happening around town, check out our events section.
- What: From Indian and Mexican food to pizza and grilled cheese, the Street Food City festival has all the food trucks you could possibly want on a cold Vancouver day.
- Where: Robson Street and South Plaza, Vancouver Art Gallery
- When: Monday, January 23 to Sunday, January 29, from 11 am to 3 pm Monday to Friday, from 11 am to 5 pm at the weekend
- Info: dineoutvancouver.com
- What: Good news ladies of Vancouver! You’ll be able to ski and snowboard at Mt. Seymour for only $10 every Monday night, starting this week. The event, known as Shred For The Cause, will benefit Downtown Eastside social services.
- Where: Mt. Seymour – 1700 Mt Seymour Road, North Vancouver
- When: Every Monday night, from 6 to 10 pm, from January 23 to March 27
- Tickets: $10 for women, $33 for men; cash recommended
- What: See some of artist David Blackwood’s hauntingly beautiful depictions of the life, the landscape, and the people of Newfoundland in this new downtown exhibition.
- Where: Pendulum Gallery – 885 West Georgia Street, Vancouver
- When: Monday, January 23 to Friday, February 1o, Monday toWednesday, 9 am to 6 pm, Thursday and Friday, 9 am to 9 pm, Saturday, 9 am to 5pm; closed Sundays
- Admission: Totally free
- What: The new state-of-the-art aquatic centre at the UBC opens to the public this Monday. The 80,000-square-foot indoor facility features three pools, a lazy river and water sprays, with facilities big enough for nearly 1,000 bathers!
- Where: UBC Aquatic Centre – 6080 Student Union Blvd, Vancouver
- When: Opening hours will vary throughout January, check website
- Entry: Drop-in rates are around $6
- What: Every Monday pro comics from all over North America perform at Eight 1/2 Restaurant Lounge and this week they’re celebrating four whole years of laughter. $3.50 beers, and only $5 cover. Headlining this week is Ivan Decker.
- Where: Eight 1/2 Restaurant Lounge – 151 East 8th Ave, Vancouver
- When: Monday, January 23, from 9 pm to midnight
- Register: On Facebook, $5 on the door