Well, hello Monday! It’s time to get the week started off right, and we’re here to help.
So here are 5 things to do in Vancouver this Monday, from Yin Yoga and Meditation to the PuSh International Performing Arts Festival.
For more things happening around town, check out our events section.
- What: Enjoy a mindful morning of self-study during Cristina Friere’s gentle class. The slow, mindful nature of yin yoga blends perfectly with a meditation practice and will leave you feeling rejuvenated and ready to approach your day.
- Where: VanDusen Botanical Garden – 5251 Oak Street, Vancouver
- When: Monday, January 16 from 10:15 to 11:30 am
- Tickets: Online, $15 for members, $20 for non-members
- What: The Canadian premiere and only Vancouver screening of the smash hit documentary Bartender at Large. Complimentary Lot 40 cocktails will be served before and after the screening; there will also be a Q&A with bartender Erick Castro.
- Where: Rio on Broadway – 1660 East Broadway, Vancouver
- When: Monday, January 16. Doors at 7 pm, film at 7:30 pm
- Tickets: On Eventbrite, totally free
- What: For the first time, on the 75th anniversary of a tragic crime that shattered Kawamuko forever, rediscover the sad lost story of this vibrant Japanese-Canadian neighbourhood, on this walking tour led by historians Stewart Muir and Janet Nicol.
- Where: Meet at 305 West 4th Avenue, Vancouver
- When: Monday, January 16, from 6 to 7 pm
- Register: On Eventbrite, totally free
- What: American synth-pop duo Great Good Fine OK gained popularity with their 2013 hit You’re The One For Me. Since then, the duo has remixed tracks by Foxes and Twenty One Pilots, and last year they released their latest single Already Love.
- Where: Alexander Gastown – 91 Powell Street, Vancouver
- When: Monday, January 16 at 8 pm
- Tickets: On TicketWeb, $12
- What: Back for its lucky 13th year, the PuSh International Performing Arts Festival consistently pushes boundaries across a variety of formats and disciplines, and this year’s lineup is no exception.
- Where: Various venues around Vancouver
- When: Monday, January 16 to Monday, February 5
- Tickets: $10 -$103, depending on the performance; for details of to how to attend and where to buy tickets, check our essential guide to the PuSh Festival