5 things to do in Vancouver today: Monday, August 24
Dec 20 2017, 1:00 am
Mondays are always a bit of a drag. Going back to work can be hard after a glorious weekend of freedom, but that doesn’t mean the fun has to stop. Here are five things to do in Vancouver today.
To see what’s going on this week, check out our events calendar.
BMO Saccomaniacs Charity Golf Tournament
- What: Steve Saccomano and family of Chilliwack host their annual charity golf tournament, raising funds for Pacific Autism Family Centre.
- When: Monday, August 24; 8:30 a.m. to 8 p.m.
- Where: Westwood Plateau and Golf Club – 3251 Plateau Boulevard, Coquitlam
Eight and a Half Inches of Comedy
- What: Every Monday hosts Devin Alexander and Alex Sparling throw a stand-up comedy show featuring the best local comedians Vancouver has to offer and major touring headliners from around the world.
- When: Monday, August 24; 9 to 11:30 p.m.
- Where: Eight 1/2 Restaurant – 151 East 8th Avenue, Vancouver
- What: From June 26 to September 6, residents of and visitors to Vancouver can take part in over 10 weeks of live music, dancing, dance lessons, yoga and other fun-filled community events at Lonsdale Quay Market.
- When: Monday, August 24; all day
- Where: Lonsdale Quay – 123 Carries Court, North Vancouver
Metropolis at Metrotown introduces “Lightroom”
- What: Inspired by artist Yayoi Kusama’s mirrored infinity room and the Social Soul experience at the 2014 TED Conference, the “Lightroom” is a unique and artistic installation comprised of a 60 second walk-through experience tied to social media.
- When: Monday, August 24; noon to 7 p.m.
- Where: Metropolis at Metrotown – 4700 Kingsway, Burnaby
Tea Zen by Don Wong, Lam Wong & Bryan Mulvihill
- What: Tea Zen exhibition gives a glimpse of how the tea captures the human spirit and relates to Zen. The exhibit showcases Lam Wong’s documentary in which he interviews tea farmers, tea lovers, artists, tea masters and a Zen monk, and the exquisite calligraphy scrolls written by master calligrapher, Don Wong.
- When: Monday, August 24; 9:30 a.m. to 7 p.m.
- Where: Dr. Sun Yat-Sen Classical Chinese Garden – 578 Carrall Street, Vancouver