FEATURED EVENTS IN VANCOUVER
A Future for Memory: Art and Life After the Great East Japan Earthquake, February 11 to September 5, 2021
Monday is here again, eh? Where did the weekend go? We’re still wondering… But, now we’re here, if you’ve got the Monday blues, then don’t worry, we’ve got your back.
So here are five things to do in Vancouver this Monday, from admiring our beautiful city to delighting in delicious cocktails!
For more things happening around town, check out our events section.
- What: I Love Vancouver is a week-long art show hosted by MakeShift Spaces, where local artists will display their works to showcase their love of Vancouver and capture the spirit of our vibrant and exciting city.
- Where: Makeshift Spaces – 89 Smithe St, Vancouver
- When: From Monday, August 22 to August 28, times vary.
- Admission: Totally free, for more info check makeshiftspaces.ca
- What: This is an intimate evening, pairing a 60-minute meditation and mindfulness workshop with a three-course meal created and curated by local chef Elizabeth Bryan.
- Where: Dock Lunch – 152 East 11th Avenue, Vancouver
- When: Monday, August 22, from 6:30 to 9:30 pm
- Tickets: On Eventbrite, $88, includes food, wine available to buy separately
- What: Honey bees are amazing creatures. They are clever, social insects. This night of interactive bee-themed activities and talks will look into the lives of honey bees, and discuss how we have taken inspiration from their mastery in how we design.
- Where: Science World – 1455 Quebec Street, Vancouver
- When: Monday, August 22, from 7 to 8 pm
- Register: On Eventbrite, totally free
- What: Looking for love and blood in the desolate streets of Iranian ghost town Bad City, an alluring vampire must also navigate this macabre, monochromatic outpost where horror tropes are joined by Spaghetti Western influences and an unseen jukebox plays Iranian rock, British post-punk and dreamy electro pop.
- Where: VIFF Vancity Theatre – 1181 Seymour Street, Vancouver
- When: Monday, August 22, at 8:30 pm
- Tickets: At VIFF, $12 full price, $10 for students
- What: Discover what your city’s craft-cocktail scene has to offer, as 16 of Vancouver’s most talented BarChefs present unique and original cocktail and food-pairing creations in hopes of being crowned Vancouver’s BEST BarChef for 2016.
- Where: Pacific Ballroom, Fairmont Hotel Vancouver – 900 West Georgia Street, Vancouver
- When: Monday, August 22, from 6 to 10 pm
- Tickets: On Eventbrite, $55 online, $65 on the door, includes complete tasting of all showcased cocktails, their food-pairing, a welcome cocktail and a can of Red Bull.