FEATURED EVENTS IN VANCOUVER
Monday may be bursting with glorious sunshine, but it’s still Monday. Why can’t it still be the weekend? Well, in Vancouver it can.
Here are five things to do in Vancouver this Monday, from the strumming Strumbellas to an intro to improvisation.
For more things happening around town, check out our events section.
- What: Jim Beam Presents The Strumbellas, a Juno-award winning, six-piece Canadian band, whose music has been described as “folk popgrass.” With special guest opener Luke Austin.
- Where: The Roxy Cabaret – 932 Granville St, Vancouver
- When: Monday, August 15, doors at 8 pm, show starts at 9 pm
- Tickets: Check Facebook, there’s currently an option to win your way in
- What: An evening affair that will defy your preconceptions of diner food! The Greasy Spoon Diner pairs a chef and his chosen kitchen team, with a front of house team of people from all over Vancouver. A new menu is created each month, which fuses together fine dining and diner food to deliver a four-course meal to remember.
- Where: Save On Meats – 43 W Hastings St, Vancouver
- When: Monday, August 15, from 5:30 to 11 pm
- Tickets: On Eventbrite, $95, proceeds go to A Better Life Foundation, which supports the marginalized populations of Vancouver
- What: Singer songwriter, harpist and spoken word poet HarpPixie blurs the line between performance and transformational offering. As a workshop leader and as a performer, HarpPixie aims to light you up.
- Where: Empower Health Clinic – #208 2555 Commercial Drive, Vancouver
- When: Monday, August 15, from 7 to 9 pm
- Tickets: On Eventbrite, $20-$30
- What: With summer in full swing and the fields and forests of the Pacific Northwest overflowing with a bounty of produce, ELEMENTA is offering this surprise eight-course vegetarian menu, including canapés and petit fours.
- Where: Medina – 780 Richards Street, Vancouver
- When: Monday, August 15, from 7 to 11 pm
- Tickets: On Eventbrite, $90 without drinks or $140 to include a drink pairing for each course
- What: Low pressure and high in fun, the Intro to Improvisation class is a great sampler for people curious about improv, teaching the improvisational skills of Play, Spontaneity, Character and Story. No improv experience necessary.
- Where: Instant Studios – 529 East Broadway, Vancouver
- When: Monday, August 15, from 6 to 8 pm
- Tickets: On Eventbrite, $59-$79