5 things to do in Vancouver today: Monday, August 1
Jul 30 2016, 8:52 am
Monday and BC Day! That probably means you’ve got a day off and you’ve got big plans for a BBQ on the beach, right?
But just in case, here are five more things to do in Vancouver this Monday, from an Indian colour festival to an indie film festival.
For more things happening around town, check out our events section.
Holi Colour Festival 2016
- What: A day full of colour, music, dance, vendors, food, and stuff for kids, the Holi Colour Festival promises fun for people of all ages from just $5.
- Where: Lakshmi Narayan Mandir – 8321 140th Street, Surrey
- When: Monday, August 1; from 2 to 7 pm
- Tickets: Start from $5. Click here for more information.
Catch ‘Em All
- What: It’s a Pokémon showdown at the BC Sports Hall of Fame. Get 50% off when you show your Pokédex at the door, visit Pokéstops within the stadium, and watch out for lures that will be activated throughout the day.
- Where: BC Sports Hall of Fame – 777 Pacific Boulevard, Vancouver
- When: Monday, August 1; 10 am to 5 pm
Pride Recovery Cruise
- What: This event takes place on the MV Britannia, and has been nicknamed the industry cruise – this boat tends to be much more chill and laid back compared to Sunday, and is known for hosting many locals, industry staff, The Vancouver Pride Board, extended visitors and special out of town guests.
- When: Monday, August 1; boarding is at 3 pm, sailing 4 to 8 pm
- Where: Harbour Cruises – 501 Denman Street, Vancouver
- Tickets: $65. Click here to purchase.
FKB with Nolan Hubbard
- What: High-energy rockers FKB from Bonnyville, Alberta and singer-songwriter Nolan Hubbard from the Greater Toronto Area take to the stage at The Roxy.
- Where: The Roxy – 932 Granville Street, Vancouver
- When: Monday, August 1 at 8 pm
- Tickets: On Ticketzone, $5
Lift Off Film Festival
- What: This film festival showcasing grassroots, indie filmmakers will be fusing the spirit of the Canadian people and combining it with a full international programme of films about people from every walk of life – including Vancouver artist Ken Foster.
- Where: VIFF Vancity Theatre – 1181 Seymour Street, Vancouver
- When: Monday, August 1, from 1 pm, and Tuesday, August 2, from 6:30 pm
- Tickets: At VIFF, all screenings $12 full price, $10 for students