FEATURED EVENTS IN YOUR CITY
ARTS & THEATRE, COMMUNITY
Thu, November 12, 9:00am
East Vancouver at various locations
Thu, October 22, 12:00pm
Starts at $5.00
Sat, November 14, 7:00pm
Norah Dawn Holtby
Starts at $15.00
Sun, November 1, 9:00am
Starts at $25.00
Happy Easter Monday, everyone. Keep the long weekend vibe going with our list of seven things to do today, from nature walks to a film premiere and more.
For more things happening around town, check out our events section.
- What: Nearly three years after her last Vancouver appearance, Banks returns this spring for a show at the Vogue Theatre on April 17. The Goddess singer released her latest album, The Altar, in the fall of 2016. Lead by single “Fuck with Myself,” the American singer/songwriter proved her musical craft is here to stay. The album is edgy, dark, and has beats to get you dancing. It should be a treat for fans live.
- Where: The Vogue Theatre – 918 Granville Street
- When: April 17 at 8 pm
- Tickets: Online, $42.75
- What: A baby bunny is lost in the woods. Use clues to retrace the bunny’s steps and help it find its way home.
- Where: Tynehead Regional Park, meet at Tynehead Hatchery entrance – 16585 96 Ave, Surrey
- When: April 17 from noon to 3 pm
- Cost: Free
- What: Meet the Easter Bunny, get your face painted, and enjoy complimentary snacks and coffee. Plus take a free train ride around Art Knapp.
- Where: Art Knapp – 4391 King George Boulevard, Surrey
- When: April 17 from 11 am to 3 pm
- Cost: Free
- What: The premier bonspiel for club curlers from around BC, the US and around the Pacific hosted every April at the Richmond Curling Club in Richmond BC.
- Where: Richmond Curling Club – 5540 Hollybridge Way, Richmond
- When: April 17 to 23
- Admission: Free
- What: Shot in BC (playing Washington) and India (playing Pakistan), Drone is an intense, topical thriller inspired by geo-politics. Starring Sean Bean, Mary McCormack and Vancouver’s Patrick Sabongui, this engrossing suspense drama brings the War on Terror right back home.
- Where: Vancity Theatre – 1181 Seymour Street, Vancouver
- When: April 17 at 8:20 pm
- Tickets: Online, $10-$12
- What: Come learn about mycology in this two-part workshop by Still Moon Arts Society and local expert Willoughby Arevalo, of the Radical Mycology Collective and Vancouver Mycological Society. Walk in the Renfrew Ravine and observe the fungi that already exist around Still Creek.
- Where: Renfrew Ravine, East Vancouver
- When: April 17 from 4 to 6 pm, and May 7 from 10:30 am to 1 pm
- Cost: Free for youth under 25, $5 for adults
- What: MoMondays is a monthly show featuring five to six people telling their personal story and sharing life lessons. Some are funny, some are thought-provoking, all are inspiring.
- Where: XY YVR – #100 1445 West Georgia, Vancouver
- When: April 17 at 7 pm
- Tickets: Online, $25 plus fees