It’s Friday! Hopefully the sun will return and we can get back to that whole summer thing again. Even if it is September.
So here are 5 things to do in Vancouver today, from a kaleidoscope fest to a sapphire empire.
For more things happening around town, check out our events section.
- What: Canada’s first ever 3D light and art festival kicks off on Friday, transforming Lonsdale into a magical outdoor art gallery with 3D projections and light sculptures.
- Where: Northshore Shipyards – 138 Victory Place, North Vancouver
- When: From Friday, September 2 to Sunday, September 4, from 6 to 11 pm
- Admission: Totally free, or $79 for iLED VIP Lounge entry, on Eventbrite
- What: The last in this series of unique improv comedy, featuring guests, surprises and a long form set, turning an audience idea into a nonstop array of funny, dramatic, and heartwarming scenes. Sit back, laugh, and see where the night takes you.
- Where: Havana Theatre – 1212 Commercial Drive, Vancouver
- When: Friday, September 2, from 10:30 to 11:30 pm
- Tickets: On Eventbrite, priced $8
- What: With lyrics rooted in high school heartbreak and self deprecation, Peach Pit’s songs spin stories of backstabbing best friends and drug addicted tour guides. Meanwhile, Dino Lite reveal only that they sing about dead stars and folk gazing.
- Where: The Fox Cabaret – 2321 Main Street, Vancouver
- When: Friday, September 2, from 8 to 11 pm
- Tickets: On Eventbrite, $10
- What: This American comedian and writer has just finished filming with Amy Poehler and Will Ferrell, and now he’s in Vancouver with his standup tour.
- Where: Biltmore Cabaret -2755 Prince Edward St, Vancouver
- When: Friday, September 2, at 8 pm
- Tickets: From Ticketfly, $20
- What: This five-piece band from Winnipeg is genre bending, described by The Enemy Magazine as “soul, R&B, rap, ska and funk music all wrapped up in a cozy saxophone and trumpet blanket.”
- Where: The Wise Hall Lounge – 1882 Adanac Street, Vancouver
- When: Friday, September 2, 8 pm to midnight
- Tickets: On the door, $10 recommended donation