Hello Friday, my old friend! The weekend is hours away, so get a headstart with our list of seven things to do around Vancouver today. From a pop queen to a Zero Waste Pop-Up Shop, there’s something for everyone.
For more things happening around town, check out our events section.
- What: Ariana Grande is on tour supporting her third studio album, Dangerous Woman, which debuted at No. 2 on the Billboard Hot 200. Grande began her career on Broadway before starring on the Nickelodeon series Victorious. More recently she guest-starred in an episode of Fox’s Scream Queens.
- Where: Rogers Arena – 800 Griffiths Way, Vancouver
- When: March 24 at 7:30 pm
- Tickets: Online, $29.95-$250
- What: Bring your own containers, jars and bags to fill up on local goodies like organic bread & baked goods, bulk dry goods, cleaning supplies, and a stash of long-lasting plastic alternatives.
- Where: Patagonia – 1994 West 4th Avenue, Vancouver
- When: March 24 from 11 am to 6 pm
- What: A one-night only show of art reproduced on trading cards. The work of 50 artists is presented on trading cards and made available for art lovers to collect and trade.
- Where: HOT ART Wet City – 2206 Main Street, Vancouver
- When: March 24 from 7 to 11 pm
- Tickets: Online, Free
- What: Western Canada’s largest Gem show features over 80 gem, mineral and jewellery vendors from across Canada and abroad. Browse the unique gems, fine crystals, rare fossils, handmade jewellery, fancy beads and findings, lapidary art, and more. Plus take in lectures and demos, chance to win hourly door prizes and more.
- Where: PNE Forum, 2901 East Hastings Street
- When: March 24 to 26
- Tickets: Online, $6-$12
- What: The Vancouver Maritime Museum is bringing an exhibition that will examine one of the most troubling manifestations of racism in BC’s history. That event was the seizure of up to 1,200 Japanese fishing vessels in 1941 eventually lead into the internment of all Japanese-Canadians across the country. The exhibition will feature various photographs, replica documents, and artifacts.
- Where: Vancouver Maritime Museum – 1905 Ogden Avenue, Vancouver
- When: March 24, 2017 to March 25, 2018
- Tickets: Online, $10-12.50
- What: Vancouver musicians are using their sound, songs, and strings in an effort to fight the ongoing overdose crisis that has been plaguing the Lower Mainland.
- Where: Biltmore Cabaret – 2755 Prince Edward St.
- When: March 24 at 8 pm
- Tickets: Online, $14.99
- What: Caravan of Creeps presents a tribute to the Arcade Decade, with arcade games, DJs, cosplay contest and cabaret performances.
- Where: Royal Canadian Legion – 2205 Commercial Drive, Vancouver
- When: March 24 at 9 pm
- Tickets: Online, $15