FEATURED EVENTS IN VANCOUVER
Happy Friday, everyone – we made it!
Get ready for your weekend fun with one our seven things to do in Vancouver this Friday, from an art party to a wheelchair ruby tournament and more.
For more things happening around town, check out our events section.
- What: This all-senior production shows the longevity of Vancouver’s local theatre community, as the aptly chosen Twelfth Night features twelve actors over twelve performances. Shakespeare’s shipwrecked twins are brought to life by local veteran actors in staged readings, in this classical rom-com of sexual ambiguity and mistaken identity.
- Where: PAL Studio Theatre – 581 Cardero Street, 8th Floor, Vancouver
- When: March 10 to 19
- Tickets: Online, $27
- What: Multi-platinum award winning producer and international artist Ville Virtanen aka Darude has to date sold over 5 million records worldwide. Although best known for Sandstorm, which became the world’s best selling 12″ vinyl of 2000, Darude has had a long and successful career as both a live performer and a DJ.
- Where: FIVESIXTY Nightclub – 560 Seymour Street, Vancouver
- When: March 10 at 10 pm
- Tickets: Online, $20
- What: Join BC’s senior business leadership for an exclusive opportunity to learn how Canadian energy companies are addressing future challenges and capitalizing on the opportunities arising from the rapidly shifting global energy and trade landscape.
- Where: Terminal City Club – 837 Hastings Street, Vancouver
- When: March 10 from 11:30 to 1:30 pm
- Tickets: Email [email protected]
- What: Legendary singer Engelbert Humperdinck is celebrating the 50th anniversary of the release of his #1 single, “Release Me.” The track stayed on the charts for a record 56 consecutive weeks becoming one of the best-selling singles of all time with sales of over 150 million copies worldwide. Humperdinck’s popularity continues to cross every generation and gender as his fan club remains one of the largest today with over 250 chapters.
- When: March 10 to 11 at 8 pm
- Where: River Rock Casino Resort – 8811 River Road, Richmond
- Tickets: Online, $99.50
- What: A celebration of the 75th anniversary of Gordon Neighbourhood House. Spring Forward will feature live performances, a local DJ, and a silent auction with a wide range of amazing items for you to bid on. Delicious canapés prepared by award winning Chef Chris Whittaker of Vancouver’s famed forage restaurant will be served throughout the evening. All funds raised support the work of Gordon Neighbourhood House.
- Where: Vancouver Convention Centre, West Building
- When: March 10 at 7 pm
- Tickets: Online, $25-$75
- What: The Vancouver Invitational is one of the longest-standing events of its kind. Eight of the best clubs, featuring Paralympians from around the world, will be in attendance to battle head to head over three days.
- Where: Richmond Olympic Oval – 6111 River Road, Richmond
- When: March 10 to 12 at 7:30 pm and 10:30 pm
- More Info: Online, tickets by donation
- What: The Vancouver Art Gallery will once again transform into the city’s favourite art party. Experience art, music and live performances in the Gallery spaces.
- Where: Vancouver Art Gallery – 750 Hornby Street, Vancouver
- When: March 10 at 8 pm
- More Info: Online, $24 at the door, free for Gallery members