FEATURED ON THE LISTED GUIDE
Cheers, everyone – we made it to Friday! Get your weekend started early with our rundown of seven events to check out around Vancouver, including Future, Velopalooza, and more.
For more things happening around town, check out our events section.
- What: This Atlanta rapper’s stylish, minimal blend of rap and R&B have made him one of the genre’s brightest rising stars, resulting in collaborations with everyone from Lil Wayne to Ciara.
- Where: Rogers Arena – 800 Griffiths Way, Vancouver
- When: June 9 at 7 pm
- Tickets: On Ticketmaster, $49-$617
- What: Velopalooza promotes fun bike rides and events in Vancouver and surrounding areas. A big festival is held each June, with costumed rides, family rides, and the famous Bike Rave.
- Where: The streets of Vancouver
- When: June 9 to 25
- What: Relay for Life is a huge opportunity to join others and take part in activities while raising money for the Canadian Cancer Society’s research and support services.
- Where: McLeod Athletic Park
- When: June 9 from 6 pm to 12 am
- Price: $15 – Register or donate online
- What: A comedy fundraiser for Rainbow Railroad, who support, provide information, and help to arrange safe transportation for LGBTQ people looking to escape violence and persecution. Featuring Christine Bortolin, Nima Gholamipour, Sean Devlin, Spencer Lindsay and more.
- Where: Ellis Building – 1024 Main Street, Vancouver
- When: June 9 at 8 pm
- Tickets: At the door, by donation
- What: Greater Vancouver Board of Trade welcomes Minister of National Defence and MP for Vancouver South Harjit S. Sajjan for a special luncheon address on Canada’s new vision for defence. This is Minister Sajjan’s first major speech to the Greater Vancouver business community.
- Where: Pan Pacific Hotel-Crystal Pavilion – 999 Canada Place, Vancouver
- When: June 9 from 12 to 2 pm. Registation at 11:30 am.
- Tickets: $69-$138. Table of 8: $662-$1324
- What: Enjoy ten days of seafood celebrations during the 11th annual BC Shellfish & Seafood Festival. This is Western Canada’s largest seafood festival and it features culinary tastings, demonstrations, events, and tours in venues and scenic destinations within the Comox Valley.
- Where: Many events daily in multiple venues
- When: June 9 to 18
- Price: Varies per event
- What: The 11th Anniversary Vancouver Taiwanese Film Festival features nine diverse and high-quality films and documentaries from Taiwan including three special panel discussions for screening of “Ode to Time” with director Hou Chi-Jan.
- Where: Vancity Theatre – 1181 Seymour Street, Vancouver
- When: June 9 to 11
- Tickets: Online, $12