FEATURED EVENTS IN YOUR CITY
Fri, November 20, 6:00pm
Starts at $16.00
ARTS & THEATRE, VIRTUAL
Wed, October 28, 7:00pm
Starts at $15.00
ARTS & THEATRE, COMMUNITY
Wed, October 21, 2:36pm
Dimensions Art Gallery
Starts at $20.00
Sun, November 1, 9:00am
Starts at $25.00
From The Goonies, to live music, we’ve got you covered. Here are five things to do in Vancouver today, Friday, August 12.
- What: “Goonies never say die!” This beloved 80s childhood classic follows a group of kids, who embark on a treasure-hunting journey after finding a mysterious map pointing them to the long lost, legendary pirate booty of a certain One-Eyed Willy.
- Where: The Rio Theatre – 1660 East Broadway, Vancouver
- When: Friday, August 12, doors at 11:30 pm, movie at 11:59 pm
- Tickets: From the Rio, $10 on the door, $8 in advance
- What: This Swedish indie electro-pop trio teams singer Andrew Wyatt with producing team Bloodshy & Avant, best known for working with Britney Spears, Madonna and Kylie Minogue. Now out on their own, this is sure to be a great show.
- Where: Orpheum – 601 Smithe Street, Vancouver
- When: Friday, August 12, at 8 pm
- Tickets: On Ticketmaster, $25-$39.50
- What: The Whitecaps, together with Latincouver, are holding a Latin pre-match performance by Las Estrellas de Vancouver ahead of their game against the San Jose Earthquakes. You can get tickets using promo code FIESTA.
- Where: BC Place – 777 Pacific Blvd, Vancouver
- When: Friday, August 12, kick-off at 8 pm
- Tickets: On Ticketmaster, tickets usually $27-$142, promo seats $40
- What: The aSymmetry Project provides blank skateboards to artists who are free to use any method or style to convert the decks into original works of art. Each artist is then paired with a skateboarder who brings their own style and aesthetic to the table.
- Where: Unit/Pitt Projects – 236 East Pender St, Vancouver
- When: From Friday, August 12, at 8 pm, to Saturday, August 13, at 5 pm
- More info: On Facebook, entry free
- What: Get out your yoga mats and put away your wallets, free yoga is back for another year! Two sessions, twice a day, seven days a week. All abilities welcome.
- Where: Dude Chilling Park – 2390 Brunswick Street, Vancouver
- When: Now until fall; from 10 to 11:15 am and 6 to 7:15 pm