FEATURED EVENTS IN VANCOUVER
ARTS & THEATRE, COMMUNITY
Wed, February 3, 11:00pm
Bill Reid Gallery of Northwest Coast Art
Starts at $13.00
Thu, February 4, 12:00pm
Starts at $10.00
ARTS & THEATRE, VIRTUAL
Fri, February 5, 8:00am
Starts at $10.00
ARTS & THEATRE
Wed, February 10, 7:00pm
Word Vancouver online Zoom
Thursday is pretty much Friday, right? Here are five things to do in Vancouver on Thursday, September 8.
- What: When your mind has gone deep space fishing, what creatures will it encounter? Cosmic Sea showcases new works from Jenn Brisson, Kristian Adam and Phresha, featuring invisible sea creatures, jellypurrrs and octophants, to name a few.
- Where: Hot Art Wet City – 2206 Main Street, Vancouver
- When: From September 8 to September 30, open Wednesday to Saturday, from noon to 5 pm; opening reception on Friday, September 9, from 7 to 11 pm
- Register: No need to register, just turn up.
- What: Your last chance to join this free Thursday night group ride for beginner and intermediate cyclists, part of the My-First-Fondo Clinics to learn basic road riding skills ahead of the 122km of the RBC GranFondo Whistler on September 10.
- Where: Vanier Bike Park Parking Lot – Whyte Avenue 1695, Vancouver
- When: Thursday, September 8, from 6:30 to 8:30 pm
- Register: On Eventbrite, completely free
- What: Destroy Vancouver is an experimental music and sound art series, combining a wide range of music genres and sound art aesthetics. This instalment features one of techno’s most prominent female artists, Adriana Lopez, and more.
- Where: VIVO Media Arts Centre – 2625 Kaslo Street, Vancouver
- When: Thursday, September 8, from 8:30 pm to 2:30 am
- Tickets: On Eventbrite, $15
- What: Watch the world premiere of the short film Love at Second Sight, a film that transforms attitudes about appearance and encourages self-acceptance, by sharing the story of facially different David Roche and his lovely wife Marlena Blavin.
- Where: Djavad Mowafaghian Cinema, Goldcorp Centre for the Arts (SFU Woodwards) – 149 West Hastings Street, Vancouver
- When: Thursday, September 8, from 7 to 10 pm
- Register: On Eventbrite, totally free
- What: Hear the real stories behind the legendary Canada-Russia Summit Series, as eight key members of Team Canada 1972 take to the stage to share their memories, commentate on video highlights and take questions from the audience.
- Where: Queen Elizabeth Theatre, 630 Hamilton Street, Vancouver
- When: Thursday, September 8, at 8 pm
- Tickets: From Ticketmaster, $77.85-$2,208.64