Fall has officially arrived! If you’re looking to hit the dead-leaf-lined-streets, and take advantage of the cool autumn air, check out a few of the events happening tonight in the city.
See the Vancouver Events Calendar for more.
- What: An event to celebrate the diverse cultures of the First Nations, SFU Indigenous Day features artists, performers, speakers, and presentations on the various that inhabited this land before settlers came. There will be a dream catcher workshop, and elder talking circles for those who attend.
- Where: SFU Burnaby, 8888 University Drive, Burnaby
- When: Thursday, September 24; 10 a.m. to 4 p.m.
- What: The Boda Boda Thieves was created as an homage to the 1948 Italian classic, The Bicycle Thieves. The movie centres on Abel, a 15-year-old boy who takes over his father’s motorcycle taxi in the city of Kampala, Uganda. Screening as part of the Vancouver International Film Festival, this is one of your only chances to catch this movie.
- Where: The Rio Theatre – 1660 East Broadway Street, Vancouver
- When: Thursday, September 24; 6:30 p.m.
- What: Singer/songwriter Beth Hart comes to the Vogue tonight. A solid performer, Hart has been on the scene since 1999, and shows no signs of slowing down. If you’re looking for a night of strong vocals and powerful lyrics, this is the show for you.
- Where: The Vogue Theatre – 918 Granville Street, Vancouver
- When: Thursday, September 24; 7 p.m.
- What: Vancouver improvisers Ryan Beil, Barbra Beal, Christine Bortolin, Tom Hill and Allen Morrison come to the Chan Centre for a Night at the Improv. If lightning fast wit and razor sharp humour are your thing, then improv is what you’ve been missing. If you’re already an improv buff, you know how great these people are. Don’t miss your chance.
- Where: The Chan Centre for the Performing Arts – 6265 Crescent Road, Vancouver
- When: Thursday, September 24; 7:30 p.m.
- What: Chefs from UBC Food Services and AMS Conferences and Catering prepare a three-course meal inspired by UBC. Meals created using fresh, local produce from the UBC Farm will accompany a live DJ as guests mingle on the campus they love so much.
- Where: UBC Main Mall – between Memorial Road and Crescent Road
- When: Thursday, September 24; 4:30 to 7 p.m.