FEATURED EVENTS IN VANCOUVER
Fri, January 22, 6:00pm
Sun, January 31, 12:00pm
ARTS & THEATRE, COMMUNITY
A Future for Memory: Art and Life After the Great East Japan Earthquake, February 11 to September 5, 2021
Thu, February 11, 10:00am
The Museum of Anthropology (MOA) at UBC
Starts at $13.00
Wed, February 17, 7:30pm
Starts at $140.00
Happy Friday eve!
If you just can’t wait until the weekend to get out and about, here are five things happening in and around the city to tide you over, from LA hip-hop to Beauty and the Beast.
- What: In less than a decade, Jonathan Park (AKA Dumbfoundead) has built a legendary history in the LA hip-hop scene, rising to national acclaim with everything from hugely popular rap battle videos, to spots on Late Night with Carson Daly.
- Where: Alexander Gastown – 91 Powell St, Vancouver
- When: Thursday, January 26, doors at 9 pm
- Tickets: On TicketWeb, $15
- What: Bugs are a more ecologically viable protein, but they give us the heebie jeebies! At this event, Nicole Aleong, an amateur bug protein enthusiast, will guide you through a bug tasting menu and show you maybe crickets aren’t such a scary snack.
- Where: SFU Harbour Centre Campus – 515 West Hastings Street, Vancouver
- When: Thursday, January 26, from 7 to 9 pm
- Register: On Eventbrite, totally free
- What: Cosmic Nights is back with an evening all about time travel, served up over drinks. Enjoy a planetarium show journeying back to the Big Bang, learn from a lecture about relativity, or simply pose your time twisting questions to Doc Brown!
- Where: H.R. MacMillan Space Centre – 1100 Chestnut Street, Vancouver
- When: Thursday, January 26, from 6:30 to 10 pm
- Tickets: On Eventbrite, $20-$25
- What: Back by popular demand! Take a closer look at bird anatomy as you practice basic taxidermy techniques. Bet you didn’t think this was how you’d be spending your evening, but a new skill is a new skill!
- Where: Stanley Park Pavilion – 610 Pipeline Road, Stanley Park, Vancouver
- When: Thursday, January 26, from 6 to 8 pm
- Tickets: On Eventbrite, $17-$20
- What: A hilarious and rollicking version of the classic fairytale.
- Where: St. Martins Hall – 195 East Windsor Road, North Vancouver
- When: Thursday, January 26, at 7:30 pm
- Tickets: $14-21, available online