The rains are coming, the wind is picking up, and the beginning of Autumn is creeping inexorably closer. Some of us are excited for it, but for those of you looking to squeeze every last drop out of the summertime, hit up a few of these events.
Check out our Vancouver Events Calendar for more goings-on in the city.
- What: If you even remember the name Econoline Crush, then this is the show for you. The mid-90s alt-rock group comes to the Imperial tonight to totally blow your mind back to the days of the original Gameboy and Dippity Doo hair gel.
- Where: The Imperial – 319 Main Street, Vancouver
- When: Thursday, August 20; 9 p.m.
- What: We’re just over half-way through the Odlum Brown Vancouver Open. It’s the perfect event for tennis fans looking to watch some of the best players in the world face off. It’s tennis the way it was meant to be played: with other tennis players.
- Where: Hollyburn Country Club – 950 Crosscreek Road, Vancouver
- When: Thursday, August 20; Various Times
- What: In partnership with the Langley Hospice Society and West Fine Art Society, this show creates opportunities to interact with the artists onsite throughout the weekend. The show is open to the public and proceeds go to benefit benefit the Langley Hospice Society. Check out some, and help people in the process. You can’t lose.
- Where: Thunderbird Show Park – 24550-72nd Avenue, Langley
- When: Thursday, August 20; 9 a.m. to 4 p.m.
- What: Bauhaus Restaurant is teaming up with Foxtrot Vineyards for a very special 7-course Foxtrot dinner, featuring wines from Foxtrot and its offshoot, Wapiti Cellars. Seating is limited, so get your tickets now.
- Where: Bauhaus Restaurant -1 West Cordova Street, Vancouver
- When: Thursday, August 20; 6 p.m.
- What: One of Canada’s top stand-up comedians is coming to the Comedy Mix tonight, featuring other huge Canadian talent like Toby Hargrave and Ryan Lachance. Don’t be a dummy, get to this show.
- Where: The Comedy Mix – 1015 Burrard Street, Vancouver
- When: Thursday, August 20; 8:30 p.m.