Feeling the post-Canada Day blues? Keep your momentum with these things happening in Vancouver today.
For a complete list of events, check out our Vancouver Events Calendar.
- What: The urban market takes place on Mainland Street weekly to welcome vendors and farmers; the perfect spot for locals to buy local goods and produce.
- Where: 1200 Mainland Street
- When: Thursdays from 2 to 6 p.m.
What: Dancing on the Edge is a festival created in response to the Vancouver dance community’s need for a supported place to perform. Since it’s inception it’s grown to an annual festival presenting around 30 performances, with a mix of styles, from modern, to jazz, to hip hop.
Where: Various locations around Vancouver
When: July 2 to 11
- What: The biggest Greek culture celebration in Vancouver returns for 10 days of music, food, dance, marketplaces and festivities in the city.
- Where: 4641 Boundary Road, Vancouver
- When: Daily from July 2 to 12
What: Based on the wildly popular Game of Thrones, Throne of Games is a weekly improv show with an elimination aspect, with cast and character shifting each week. In the Throne of Games, you laugh, or you die.
Where: The Improv Centre – 1502 Duranleau Street
When: 7:30 p.m.
- What: The Arts Club Theatre Company presents their production of the legendary stage musical, based on the classic novel by Victor Hugo. Set during the lead up the French Revolution, Les Misérables follows the interwoven stories of an ex-convict, his adopted daughter, a lawman, a love-struck revolutionary and a country on the brink of great change.
- Where: Stanley Industrial Alliance Stage – 2750 Granville Street
- When: 8 p.m.