FEATURED EVENTS IN YOUR CITY
ARTS & THEATRE, COMMUNITY
Thu, November 12, 9:00am
East Vancouver at various locations
Thu, October 22, 12:00pm
Starts at $5.00
Sun, November 1, 9:00am
Starts at $25.00
Sat, November 14, 7:00pm
Norah Dawn Holtby
Starts at $15.00
It’s Friday. Get out and do something. Here are five things to do in Vancouver on Friday, October 21.
- What: Get into the Halloween spirit, in this star-studded 90s-kid staple about a paranormal expert and his daughter who bunk in an abandoned house populated by three mischievous ghosts and one friendly one. Classic Christina Ricci.
- Where: The Rio Theatre – 1660 East Broadway, Vancouver
- When: Friday, October 21, doors 11:30 pm, movie 11:55 pm
- Tickets: From the Rio, $10 on the door, $8 in advance
- What: This week, the recurring video screening series will look at how music and video in the waning days of the Cold War gave voice to radicalized frustration, creating new models for resistance and new visions for hope, boiled up in wicked fashion.
- Where: Unit/Pitt Projects – 236 East Pender St., Vancouver
- When: Friday, October 21, from 8 to 10 pm
- Info: On Facebook
- What: Dance your face off to DJ sets by Kempeh, Icytouch, Floetic, Seko, Flipout, Physik, Hypnotiq, Jtraxx, Rawkus, Arems, and Turtle – all in aid of ending cancer.
- Where: Republic – 958 Granville Street, Vancouver
- When: Friday, October 21, from 10 pm to 1 am
- Tickets: From F**k Cancer, entry is by t-shirt which can be purchased for $20
- What: On Friday nights the Eastside Flea has a Shop n Bop night – this week it features a Halloween Photo Booth, live DJ, food truck, and pumpkin carving, as well as select vendors, craft beer, artisan showrooms, and pinball.
- Where: The Ellis Building – 1024 Main Street, Vancouver
- When: Friday, October 21, from 6 to 10 pm; market continues over the weekend
- Tickets: From on the door, $3-$5
- What: If you’re not spooked by those creepy clown sightings and want to check out a new Halloween attraction in the city, then the Haunted Circus at the Beaumont Studios is for you.
- When: Friday, October 14 to Monday, October 31. Check website for hours.
- Where: The Beaumont Studios- 316 West 5th Avenue
- Tickets: Tickets available online.